April Fool pranks for kids and Mums. Suggestions please?

However, my relationship with my 17 year old son is somewhat strained at the moment. Maybe it goes back that far…who can say?

3 Likes

Don’t break hearts, it’s not funny.
April fool pranks are made to get laughs, most preferably including the person that gets pranked.

3 Likes

“Kids, we need to sell one of you, Octatrack MK3 has been announced to be released on Tuesday!”

I’ve always had this thing where I tell my wife absolute lies about completely mundane shit (I once told her that roads were mostly made from rubber, hence the term “burning rubber”).
She’s going about the place with so much bullshit, made up knowledge in her head that every now and again she’ll repeat one of my lies out in the world and look a prize knob. It’s at the point now where she comes out with shit I don’t even remember telling her.
She is actually a lot smarter than me, which is why I don’t feel bad but she is just so gullible sometimes I can’t help myself.

5 Likes

@LyingDalai
Wise words Monsieur!
So far, on the pair of my tribe, it’s been a spider drawn on the 3rd sheet of toilet paper.
The old frozen bowl of cereal! That was a good one.
I’ve rotated the screen upsidedown on their lsptaps. That’ll confuse the shit out of them when they switch on.
The meanest one I did was unplug his PS4 and then acted really worried for him that it had died. Only did it for about 10secs cuz his little face was so sad.
When I said “APRIL FOOL SUCKER!” He was like Baaaaaah, Dadda!!! He loved it.
I have printed out a picture of Guns’n’Roses guitarist, Slash and gaffer taped it to the Duchess’ tyre on her car. It requires some acting on my part, but I’ll go out to the driveway and come back in and pronounce “you’re not gunna believe this Duchess, some ones’s slashed your tyre!”
:star_struck::heart_eyes_cat::innocent:

4 Likes

I once told the Duchess, who is an English Literature Graduate, that they had to recall this year’s Oxford English Dictionary but they’d accidentally omitted the word “gullible” AND SHE WENT FOR IT!
It’s the way you tell them, I suppose.

3 Likes

It’s all about the delivery. Confidence and authority in tone backed up with unquestionable (even if completely wrong) logic can get absolute stinkers past the smartest cookie. When I dropped the roads made of rubber one, she questioned it, saying that car tyres are made of rubber, not roads. I just said “rub two pencil erasers together, see how well they grip”. She bought it immediately.

1 Like

My dad told me everytime we drove past the building with the “Westworld” sign on top of it at the Hangar Lane roundabout in Park Royal, that it was the Terminal to the Westworld park in the original 70’s classic Micheal Crichton film. Believed him for about 5 years! I was 5 at the time!

3 Likes

My wife told the kids that we just received word that all students had to repeat their current grade year due to the virus. They flipped out a bit before catching on… :smiley:

2 Likes

Can’t wait until my boys are old enough for this kind of stuff (2 years and the other is 4 months old). I guess I could start feeding my 4 month old a bottle that’s empty and when he starts crying pull out a full bottle? Totally not doing that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done something somewhat similar when my daughters were all very young. I’d peel an orange, careful to get the peel off in once piece. Then hold it together so it looks like a full orange. Then hand it to one of them, and watch it fall apart in their hands. It was always good for a giggle, but then they’d look at me with sad, disappointed eyes, and it would make me feel like a big jerk. So I’d always have to peel them a new orange. :smiley:

1 Like

I saw more than a few prank videos yesterday on reddit of parents pranking their kids that school was open again.

Either got them to the car, or the gates of the school before revealing the April Fools!!!

Poor kids were devastated.

On one hand, wow that’s rough on a kid. They’re going through a huge disruption in their lives with this global health crisis and don’t have the decades of responsibility and life experience to cope with hardship as well as most adults.

On the other hand, that is a (hopefully) once in a lifetime April fools opportunity for a deeeeeep cut prank, and if I had kids I can’t say I wouldn’t have taken the opportunity myself
:laughing:

2 Likes

Load a broken screen pic on someones device, make a sound like you dropped it. Commence screams.

Redoing the school year is a good one.

1 Like