Apple Event

I’m happy with it.
I was paying $30/mo for my XS. Traded it in and now paying around half that for 512GB Pro Max.

$800 in trade-in credits was too good to pass up

i almost went with this same offer but realized you also have to upgrade* to a 5g capable data plan which starts at 55$ minimum.

25$ (data plan increase) x 36months = 900$

i chose to not have that extra cost a month.
my iphone is still very capable and everything runs smooth and the camera is still crispy.

Yea it isn’t the same for everyone.
We already had a 5G unlimited plan so no increase in cost for us.

1 Like

In my excitement I overlooked the 6S not being eligible for the trade in. So, it looks like I’d have to pay $30 something a month for 13 Pro…

Eff it. I’ll probably still go for it

Now I want to research whether to get the AT&T insurance for it or AppleCare Plus

Last week I traded in my iPhone XR (for an $800 credit) towards a new iPhone 13 Pro Max 512GB. Hadn’t upgraded in 3 years, and as I didn’t have an unlimited data plan, upgrading through Verizon left me with a $22 device payment per month.

My overall bill has gone up a little, but the exponential improvement of my device merits it. Camera is top-tier, processor is beastly, and the slight upgrade in screen size does make for an improved experience.

Point is, while I’m on the hook for more $$$ to Verizon for the next couple of years, my honeymoon phase suggests this device is worth it. Barely touched my iPad Pro (albeit a 2018 model) since the upgrade.

1 Like

Apparently AppleCare Plus has a fixed price, while AT&T will happily keep taking $15 a month for years on end if you let them.

So AppleCare Plus for the win I guess - while I’m somewhat accident-prone, I’m not that terrible at caring for my phone. The AT&T plan is great for people who have accidents with their phone several times a month - drop on concrete, drop in the toilet, etc.

So no new Mac Mini then.

Is there any idea when it might be released / when the next Apple event thing is?

Soonest would be early 2022.

I plan to stretch my 2015 i7 iMac and 2019 i9 16” MBP for as long as I can. There are still a lot of plugins that I use regularly that are not Apple silicon native.

While a new mini would be fun, what I have is plenty fast for years to come. But yea they need a new Mini soon to take care of the bus bandwidth limitation (which is limiting the port count). M1X minis are supposed to remedy this.

1 Like

Apple has a 14 day return policy. No restocking fee.
You can return the Mac mini and buy a new one every 12 days until they get upgraded. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m delaying purchase of a new MBP as well, having just ordered a $999 iphone (in installments) and having to purchase another car.

Did you get a lens protector for the 13 Pro?

I’m reading conflicting opinions, of course. One side says some kind of cover is needed. The other side says the lens are made of sapphire and any cover will just ruin photo/video quality.

No cover for me. It lives in my pocket so I’m not worried about scratches

2 Likes

I put my previous iPhone inside an Otterbox Defender case. This was ok until I walked on the Camino de Santiago for 8 days, with the iPhone slowly baking itself to death inside the Otterbox, inside my pocket, as I walked about 6-8 hours a day. Ironic that Otterbox takes so much pride in the most protective iPhone case ever, yet this same case seals in heat generated by the device too.

When I got the 5S I got a basic case, mainly to ease my worries about dropping the thing.

I admit I want this case for the 13 Pro just for its looks

Me and my partner have clear cases; then you an just print out your own cool images and plonk them in there… just cut around the camera area etc. e.g. one of my old ones:

Léché à l’aveugle by Enki Bilal

Cool idea. Might consider at some point.

I’ll probably go with this one:

https://cdn-image02.casetify.com/usr/8773/188773/~v66/5450931x2_iphone13-pro__color_gold_16003261.png.1000x1000-w.m80.jpg

1 Like

For the longest time, I shelled out for Lifeproof and Otterbox cases in the belief that my phone was safer.

When I had an iPhone X, I got sick of the dust/particulate buildup that seemed to occur in spite of the case, so I switched to a “generic” bumper case.

My last couple of phones have bounced off of a variety of surfaces, including the concrete floor of the brewery I work at, with nary a scratch to show for it. I’m all in on “bumper” style cases now.

Found this channel via the other Apple related thread. His review of the 13 Pro Max: