Aphex Twin recommendations?

<3 afx.

7 Likes

rushup i bank 12 thoughā€¦ :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think theyā€™re human or deserve the Aphex if they donā€™t latch on after those three tracks.

1 Like

indeed. Such a masterpiece

2 Likes

Add ziggomatic 17 to those from drukqs and you have some of my fondest memories of driving around stoned with this one friend of mine, basically tripping to the music while he drove. We are now old, and donā€™t drive stoned anymore, and music will never feel like that again. But once it did.

2 Likes

I actually like the SoundCloud dump the most. Cool shit in there. I like the little experimental bits too. Heā€™s posted something like 480+ tracks.

Iā€™d have to check all my folders and count em. He just kept putting more and more up

4 Likes

I have 4 children

For the first 3 years of their lives they all fell asleep every night to this.

3 Likes

Kind of puts my, Iā€™ll try and finish a track every month-scheme in perspective

1 Like

Im with AFX. Get it down. Revisit if you like it.
Iā€™ve done 4000+ tracks. Havenā€™t gone back to one :grimacing:

1 Like

3 Gerald Remix is beautiful. Love the sc dump as well. So much good stuff

My favorite of his always been Laughable Butane Bob. Itā€™s so good.
I first heard it on a Warp mix a friend of mine lend me.
Itā€™s on an EP called Hangable Auto Bulb by AFX. I think itā€™s from ā€˜95 - ā€˜96.
Itā€™s available on CD. You can get in on Discogs.

Also check:

• Girl/boy ep
  • Come to daddy ep
  • Drukqs LP
  • Syro LP

Universal Indicator doesnā€™t get enough love.

The analord stuff is great.

2 Likes

so addictive :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve been listening to the stuff from the SoundCloud dumps constantly ever since it went up, I think it may be my favorite stuff of his to listen to. Thereā€™s something about raw discarded tracks with a dirty/unpolished sound that I really love, especially when thereā€™s not much elaborate/song-like arrangement to it.

Out of all his ā€œreleasedā€ work though Richard D. James Album continues to be my favorite.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been going through a lot of the sound cloud stuff too. Much of it is just noodly junk , a few nice versions of released tracks and a few nice other things.

But largely noodly junk and not up to his released quality ( not good enough to release properly )

Love that stuff :+1:t6:

I like to hear the early versions and elements that are on many tracks but are known on released tracks ( like certain drum patterns , glitched sounds etc )

1 Like

A bunch of it has come down unfortunately. I think I DL-ed over 450 tracks. What a GENEROUS guy! :+1:t6:

1 Like

The first Aphex Twin album I bought on cassette, back in 1993. Iā€™m amazed it survived the repeat listening on the car stereo. Great for night time driving.

4 Likes