Aphex Twin recommendations?

I tried writing about some good albums to start with but yeah, as others have said, just go from the beginning. The Deep Cuts video is a great guide though.

1 Like

Once youā€™ve covered all the aphex stuff, go look for all his AFX stuff (hangable auto bulb a highlight) then The Tuss (Rushup edge is amazing), then Caustic Window, then Polygon Window. The guy has released stuff under a lot of aliases.

Then thereā€™s the analord series.

And the user18081971 stuff off of SoundCloudā€¦

And the Mike and Rich album he did with U-ziq.

Seriously, thereā€™s shitloads

4 Likes

Iā€™ve found that, after Aphex, thereā€™s a point where an artist ceases to be good and is then suspected to be Aphex Twin.

There are a few elektronauts that are probably secretly Aphex Twin

6 Likes

I wish I was :cool:

Nice try, Richard James

9 Likes

you got me :wink: Now I can reveal that I made the whole Collapse EP with a pocket operator and a volca keys

6 Likes

Breaking News: Volcas and Pocket Operator prices have been increased in price by 3000%

2 Likes

As for recommendations, here are my three most steadfast Aphex tracks that come to mind

Flow Coma Remix:

FingerBib:

Windowlicker:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Bbdyhonchord

1 Like

Alberto Balsalm, Xtal, Pulsewidth, Ageispolis, 4, flim, Iz Us, Pancake Lizard, Cliffsā€¦I could go on forever. Just dive in on YouTube. Check out Uziq, Jega, EOD, Bochum Welt for similar styles.

And once youā€™re done with all that you can work your way through the rephlex records back catalogue.

3 Likes

https://aphextwin.warp.net all of it

2 Likes

ANALORD set.

Caustic Window LP

aphex ā€œuser18081971ā€ - soundcloud dump
1 Like

throatie is essential

yeah these two are a really good starting point. SOSW is an amazing album.

Syro was the album that made me love AFX.
Before that, Iā€™d never understood his sound.
Of course now all the albums are regularly on my turntable (for those I could get my hands on), and I gathered more or less all heā€™s done.
Canā€™t say I know every track by :heart: yet, but Syro still occupies a peculiar place in my :heart:ā€¦

I do believe itā€™s a very good album to discover Aphex Twin. The sound is really polished and coherent. A beautiful album totally underrated by long term AFX fans, IMO.

6 Likes

Oh memories

ā€œGo on give us a snare rushā€
I seen him play a set in 1997 at the Big Day Out in Sydney Australia.
He layed on the stage floor while 2 giant fluorescent teadybears with his grinning face ā€œstuck onā€ punched the crap out of each other on and off stage. It was nothing short of scary. There should be more out of the box terror in music performance these day. God i sound old

Fan 4 lifeā€¦!

Some of the best music film clips evermade where for his workā€¦by Chris Cunninghamā€¦take a look and listen to rubber johnny and sleep well tonight.

2 Likes

5 Likes

And twice as much unreleased on his hard drives.
Genius maybe. But crazy prolific, hundred percent.