Anyone else own multiple pieces of the same gear just because you can?

You guys… :joy: I felt like a hoarder when I bought spare faders for a mixer once, but there is some next level stuff here.

6 Likes

Makes me think of this guy :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Seems like a reasonable cause for regret.

3 Likes

I’ve got 2x MnM. 1 is a very old mkI that I’ve gigged with a lot. Got the second as a backup after they were discontinued, but wind up using it the most because it’s mkII.

I also have an OG MS20 and a BS20 if that counts? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I now own two iConnectivity MioXL MIDI Interfaces. As I’m working a lot on scoring at the moment, it totally disabled my studio workflow and connectivity when my MioXL broke a couple of months ago.

I bought a second one and set it up as a replacement so I have no down time if I have problems in the future.

Time constraints don’t care about technical problems. I’ve learned that the hard way!

2 Likes

I own 20+ TRS cables

12 Likes

I played the OG Novation BassStation in a band in the mid- ‘00s. I had two: one for live shows and another partly for backup but mostly because it only had 7 memory slots and I wanted to keep the live sounds safe.

Two weeks in a row, I left one on the train going to rehearsal. The band split up not long after.

I’ve still got my third one.

5 Likes

Train, how?

1 Like

Two Analog Heats, two Korg DW8000s, two Volca Bass, three Monotron Delays, three Korg SQ-1s, etc. some stuff is just nice to have multiples especially effect and utility gear. I had a Peak & Summit at the same time, & a Digitone Keys and Digitone at the same time, but I turned them into other gear because redundancy.

2 Likes

The first one happened because I was day dreaming about buying a MiniMoog and forgot to pick my BassStation up off the racks when I left the train. The second time because I got into conversation with an interesting person and forgot to pick it up off the racks when I left the train.

I’d been with the band for maybe four years by that point, and doing that train route maybe two. So it wasn’t just that I was forgetful and lax. The story I tell myself is that the band was tired of no-one quite getting what they wanted from it, and my subconscious was pulling me out. Mostly I’m lust lax and easily distracted.

I still haven’t got a MimiMoog.

5 Likes

that’s awful. but a great story at least.

4 Likes

haven’t you just forgotten?

I’m like some here, just a few MIDI cables and quite a few identical TRSs.
Two monitors and their two supports! Does it start like this?

3 Likes

I have two wolves inside me apparently

4 Likes

Oh wow that reminds me.
I also have two first gen iConnectMIDI hosts, that I don’t even use, because I found a lower profile bespoke solution on eBay.

I must be a guilty hoarder because I can’t even keep track of the hoard !

2 Likes

I have two General Chang action figures from Star Trek VI. One stays in the unopened package, and the other is for action.

11 Likes

I have…
2 Sunn Beta Lead amps (one in my studio one for the practice space)
6 EHX Freeze pedals (3 I got used and 3 were gifts)
3 Nagra 4.2 reel to reel recorders (for studio, for touring and for an art installation)

I had multiples of some eurorack modules and guitar pedals but paired down and sold them over the years.

1 Like

This thread is the ultimate flex. To quote a great poet, “last week I was in my other other Benz”.

8 Likes

Got two AS-1’s.
Liked my Prophet~6 so much I wanted to get more, but that’d bet stupid, so decided to start collecting AS-1’s. Keeping my eye out for more at good prices.

9 Likes

I have;
-Two Rane SM26 splitter mixers. Bought one at the flea market, found the other in a house that had burned down.
-Two DBX 163x compressors because stereo is nice
-Two Boss SE50s. One for my band rig, one for studio/ electronic rig because they were cheap.
-Two furman patchbays
-Three behringer patchbays
-I’m not sure how many Casio SK1s I own currently. 6 or 7?
-Two Shure vocal master pa heads. One is for spare parts for when the “good” one periodically shits the bed.

In the past I’ve had multiples of lots of my gear, sometimes for spare parts, sometimes to ease gear shuffling when in 5 or 6 bands simultaneously, sometimes just because I have a problem. I’ve eliminated most of the doubles (and triples) from my life now but there are a few things I’d like to have doubles of. I’d love a second moogerfooger ring mod but not for the prices they go for now. If I ever see the right deal on a second evolver I probably wouldn’t be able to resist. I’ve always thought a second freeze pedal would be fun.

1 Like

Does 2 pioneer cdj’s count?

Besides that and boring utility stuff, 2 md’s, 2 A4’s, 2 Poly Beebos and 2 FX900s.

My og Fx900 is my longest owned piece and has a lot of time invested patching and sentimental value.
2 MD’s as it’s so good (and sentimental) and 2 setups demand one each.
A4 + A4 keys: both have their advantages. Hope to combine into an 8voice poly somehow someday.
Poly Beebos: originally one was a Digit but firmware consolidation means now they’re technically twins.

Fairly easy to justify doubles of things where touring, redundancy and use case demands.

3 Likes