Anyone else own multiple pieces of the same gear just because you can?

:speaker: I’ve got two speakers :speaker:

21 Likes

I have 3 Octatracks, 2 Digitakts, 2 Heats, and 2 Rytms. I’m sick.

6 Likes

I’ve got two Digitakt. One has been boxed for over a year

1 Like

Hoarders anonymous up in here. :joy:

I have a lot of gear… only duplicates are microphones. I have thought of a backup Octatrack because of its place in my live playing. This thread is some good enabling!

Edit! Just remembered I have 2 H9s on my pedalboard. Hahaha. But those aren’t used as duplicates.

2 Likes

I don’t but one item I can see owning more than one of for functional purposes is whatever you make acid lines with. An drum machine plus two 303 (or clones) + a DJ mixer is good fun.

1 Like

16x Monotribe ??? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I may suggest to add a multieffect unit, to provide reverb and delay

2 Likes

i just own 1 polivok but this demo make me wants 3 for years…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IMpElp0a_Q

1 Like

2 x Eventide H9 … you can never have enough reverb to drain your synths in :smiley:

4 Likes

Two OTs that I could probably pare down to one but I don’t wanna!

Two MicroLimiters that I rarely use.
Two Bogner Harlows that get used maybe once a month and not always for stereo. :grimacing:

3 Likes

A Tempest :metal:

3 Likes

I have 2 TE Oplabs.

1 Like

oddly, among all the gear I own, and with tons of overlap between them, the only duplicates I own are two FMR RNC’s.

I once owned two Arp 2600’s though. still bummed I sold one.

2 Likes

I clicked the topic thinking most of the replies were going to be “wtf? no”

wtf? no

19 Likes

No. I wish. Would like an OT MK1 to go with MK2 but that’s just silly. Still, I wish. Or two op-1’s. That would be interesting.

3 Likes

I have three Blackboxes - but that’s because I have three main work areas in the studio. I found that if I didn’t have a Blackbox there ready to grab everything I wanted grabbing, I tended not to do anything.

5 Likes

I don’t even have one of what I want.

wtf? no

17 Likes

i have 2 analog heat…if i could have one on every single channel of my mixer that’d be great!

i sometimes hesitate to buy a second tanzbar mk1 for spare parts. i like the sound so much, but i am not confident about the reliabillty or repairability of the machine…

1 Like

Another Shruthi aficionado here… I’ve got an XT with the 4PM filter. And the Shrolca variant with the 4 pole moog style filter. I used to have one of the original Red Alert editions with the Polivoks filter that Mutable sold just prior to getting into the eurorack game which is the only bit of gear I really regret getting rid of - I thought I was covered by having an XT and a polivoks filter in my small eurorack case… I wasn’t. I’ve also got an Ambika with roland style filter cards. And an Anushri… so none of this is exactly the same but there does seem to be a theme.

I really wish Mutable Instruments would create another standalone instruments - I’m sure it would be beautiful and I’m sure it would sell well but I guess that’s not where their interest lies.

2 Likes

Mid life something or other lol

1 Like