Anyone aware of the LFO nuances?

I have NEVER EVER seen anything like this on any synth. What is going on or something wrong with my synth?
The LFO, you can send it to 1 or 4 Destinations and after some seconds or minutes the LFO Effect goes off then
you either have to reload the sound or in some cases restart the Keys…something is wrong.

WTF? If i use it as Polyphonic sometimes some of the voices lose the LFO too.

often these full caps cases end in us establishing it as user error- is this how you want to proceed ? … throwing around ‘stupidity’ as a word would be unfortunate if it were to bite you back, perhaps :wink:

does it do this for an Init Sound ?

do you have an LFO fade applied ?

ps ranting isn’t really encouraged either !

5 Likes

Avan, the reason actually is that i am not a NOOB, i do this for a living for over 20 years,
that is all i do, i do not even produce music, i just program sounds on hundreds of synths,
that is why i said i have never seen it. Yes, it happened on an Init sounds, everything i do
starts on Init, now will try programming another sound and see if its the same there.
Now, it did not happen right away at the beginning, it started later on in the programming.

1 Like

Isn’t anyone besides this one person aware of this isolated case???

I am uploading a video now.

I encountered this as well.
Here is the configuration to have this happen again : FREE mode and decay on the LFO page.

I bet yours is the same : at a certain point your LFO disappear.
You just have to reset it at some point with a plock set to TRIG.

Am I right ?
:tongue:

1 Like

Yep. I don’t have the A4 yet but I thought of Lfo decay, or fade out…

I think you might be correct…let me work on it and if that is the case again…Why?
So to me…this Fade Out is made to Fade out for the next 5 hours? ROFL. What
about Fade In? You should press the keys 4 hours before the LFO Starts? LOL.
I thought Fade Out is while you hold the keys and then when you let go on the next
one should re trigger. Let me check if that was the case but to reproduce it i will need
to wait few minutes to check if it disappeared or not.

1 Like

Free + Fade out, that would make sense.

1 Like

Instead of opening another topic i’ll ask here, can i Pan the OSCs left and right?
I figured maybe its impossible but won’t hurt to ask. I think its per track only.

In this case the LFO is triggered by the sequencer trigs rather than the keyboard. Did ya read the manual?

When i buy a synth the Manual is the first thing i throw in the garbage, lol.
Joking…yes i read parts…but these are things you don’t go in the manual
for, i go there for basic operations for a new synth. I never expected i will
have a Synth that the LFO does not re trigger on keys.

Analog Keys is a strange one because it’s basically an Analog Four with keys strapped to it, so a lot of features revolve closely around the sequencer, which makes a lot of sense if you’re using it as a groovebox like the A4 but maybe not so much if you’re approaching it as a standard polysynth.

1 Like

Thank You Guys and yes…the GrooveBox features of this will probably never get used
by me, ONLY to control my Modular and that’s it. Now one might ask why did i get this
Synth then…i love the Sound and also, it is the best thing to control Modular synths.
I would’ve loved if it was possible to Pan the 2 OSCs L and R independently and to be
able to adjust the volume of the Sub OSCs.

A quick search of the PDF manual for the word “PAN” will answer this question.
But since we are here I’ll say it… No. You can only pan voices and the two external inputs left and right.

I realize you were saying it in jest, that the first thing you do with a manual is throw it in the garbage, but do consider that the persons answering your questions are persons who took the time to read the manual.

7 Likes

It would work like this only if you set the LFO on TRIG.
Each time you hit the keys, the LFO is restarted.

Anyone aware of the LFO Stupidity?

So LFO Trig mode makes LFO Clever ? :thup:

+1
For me, maybe except for some 100% analog synths, it is always interesting to read the whole manual once, even if you find only one interesting thing.

2 Likes