Anyone aware of the LFO nuances?

That’s not an init sound then (if you edit it) !

So despite all the finger waving we’ve actually established that it is indeed you who hadn’t yet established that the LFO can run free, can even be faded in and out and can be key reset … the fade has broad range both ways … all of this stuff is useful and only the fade is slightly unusual

so if you don’t mind, can you perhaps edit your slightly misleading click-bait title wrt the phrase ‘stupidity’, it’s really not needed after all :thup:

i’d also echo @AdamJay’s comments, it’s a courtesy to have a read/search yourself and not to entirely lean on the goodwill of the people who contribute

4 Likes

Yes, i edited the name of the Topic and yes you are right, i should’ve read the manual to
know the LFOs behavior but…that still does not change the fact that the way the LFO
works is stupid to me…unless i am wrong again and i would love if you prove me wrong
(it works to my advantage)…then, how can i have a Free Running LFO with FadeOut
but not being triggered by the Seq only…same as one other Gazillion Synths in the world.

Thanks

A ha, there you go, Elektron synths are not like the gazillion other synths.
Have you played with a Monomachine, its very “stupid”.

4 Likes

there are lots of options one could employ for designing sounds and we wouldn’t complain that they were useless because they resulted in something of questionable value (like fade on a free running LFO) … but you have all the tools you need to work around it

you can have the following

Free running, no fade

free running, fades from power up

free running LFO reset by sequencer, selectable per trig (part of track), will commence fades again

LFO reset by key, will commence fades again (LFO mode TRG, part of sound, so every note)

you have all the options and more besides, just accept that a free running LFO with fade will work exactly that way and keep in mind that you can parameter lock the LFO reset on a trig/track or key/sound basis any time you like

2 Likes

Thank you Sir! and LOL, the problem with me is i have too much Analog and Vintage to compare it to and a lot of experience with other synths. Instead of approaching it like something new and be creative that way i fire it up and look for what i have in the synth next to it. The reason i love THIS is the fact that when i try to create or clone a certain sound and i am like ,uff this sucks’’ and then when i try the next sound it blows the other synth out of the water…but using it with my Modular stuff nothing can replace it. I wish you can start the Seq by pressing a Key and use it only as a Modulator…i want too much, lol.

Thanks

1 Like

+1 for “nuances” in the new title ! :grin:

4 Likes

I’d love that feature too. Seems pretty rare on hardware synth sequencers tho. Dominion one doesn’t have it either :confused: it’s pretty much the norm on ios synths (Sunrizer etc). Really nice function when you want to jam a sequence in various keys over other stuff with only manual sync etc

And this is not an exhaustive list : maybe what OP needs is an envelope to have better control on the free running LFO.
Fortunately, the A4K has a few ones available :smile:

2 Likes

You actually can already do this. Look up Multi-Map in the manual and triggerless triggs.

4 Likes

Really? Will the sequence be automatically transposed to the note/key that’s pressed and stop when I let go of the note? If so that’s great news

If it works the same way as the Monomachine then yes, you can either have the sequence run constantly and transpose it with the note keys or have it transpose and retrigger on note input. Stopping the sequence on note off (on the MM at least) is effected by the multi envelope that is like an amplitude envelope applied over the top of the multi trig mode. So you can set max attack and sustain and adjust the release as you wish. Not quite the same as the sequence stopping but similar.

1 Like