Anyma Omega Keyboard and Desktop from Aodyo

lol

I thought the touchpad was also for rythmic stuff? Like the piezo mic on the Phi — for tapping out stuff. Not sure if the desktop has the same thing.

2 Likes

Wondering the same thing. There seems to be a mic on the pad, similar to the case on the Phi. They say the pad is 3-D. The ribbon seemed to be quite positional in one of the videos.

1 Like

Yes it seems.

Not sure if the MPE goal at 100K becomes a MPE controller ay 160K.

1 Like

Baked ! (desktop version)
I don’t have the phi but I was always exited by physical modeling and 4 parts multitimbral, lots of knobs, VA, FM, 5 FX, ribbon, I/O was too tempting to pass.

I’m on the way to get my Linnstrument (for ios and hydrasynth) and MPE would be the cherry on the cake.

2 Likes

I guess the ribbon on the desktop version is where the piezo is. It can be tapped, touched as a regular ribbon.
Or, it can only be on the top right where there is some space … But it’s not the best place to hit …

Bit of a dilemma while I mull this.

I own the Phi so i know the capabilities already. I also own the Hydrasynth 49 Keys. So that could act as a keyboard for the Anyma Omega Desktop. And i also have Osmose, floating in space somewhere. ( And i am a wind player and have an Aerophone. )

The Anyma Omega Keyboard with poly-aftertouch, while probably not quite as nice as the Osmose keybed, will be a whole lot easier to do sound design on ! I might not want the Osmose and a poly-aftertouch Omega. But i can’t know about reaching the stretch goal.

Not looking for anyone to answer, but i’m turning the gears thinking of the various options, and contingencies.

1 Like

@Hurolura, can the four performance knobs on the keyboard version be mapped to CCs on a controller connected to the desktop version?

Yeah the fact that mpe and poly aftertouch are stretch goal are a bit irksome, I mean I kind of get it but as someone who doesn’t have a poly aftertouch controller that would be a key selling point. I imagine MPE would be key to many people also. I dunno I guess I get that stretch goal are part of kickstarter but with the price range of the device you would hope they would continue to develop for it if it kept selling, like Waldorf is doing with Iridium and quantum.

1 Like

Plus i remember how the stretch goals worked with the Phi.

Since it’s still just a non-Osmose keybed, I assume it’s a PA keybed but software support for MPE controllers separately…

It never happened ?

I guess MPE is a software addition that can be done anytime. I’ve good hope even if we don’t reach the stretch goal.

Given that it’s at $46k a few hours in, I’m guessing 100k is a pretty solid shot. 160, well, we’ll see — sadly that’s the one that has BOM changes and can’t be patched in later. Here’s hoping, though; it’d be nice to have another PA controller option on the market too.

No I should have been specific, Aodyo delivered stretch goal features above the level,pledged.

I have only plaudits for Aodyo’s performance with the Phi crowdfund.

5 Likes

That’s very helpful. You can’t be sure, but 200K seems quite possible. Successful KS campaigns tend to have a burst at the front and at the end. I can always drop or change my commitment at the end.

I would love to see an hi-res picture of the Omega to better understand the workflow. I don’t know if this is the definitive interface / UI though.

The patch diagram interface get its inspiration from the hydrasynth (bottom right, simple diagram) and that sounds good to navigate your patch.

The left part with the mapping slots and modulations is a bit more blurry to me. I’d be interested to see how it works.

Other buttons and knobs around the screen and at the bottom (5 buttons / leds) are unknown controls so far. I’m curious to know more about it.

Do you mean that I can change my mind afterwards even if I did contribute?

There are no absolute guarantees with KS, but most often the presentations hold, and if they change they get better.

They don’t take your money until the campaign finishes, so you can change or drop out until that time, 29 days from now. ( December 14, 2022 ) After they take your money, you are more locked in.

Please someone correct me if things have changed.

3 Likes

I do wonder a bit why they refer to it as a hybrid polyphonic a few times, I guess they mean you can do a hybrid of VA and physical modeling? hybrid is not really a common term for an all digital synth.

The VA really does seem to be mostly mutable instruments algos for the oscs which makes me think buy this for the physical modeling first and foremost everything else is a bonus.