Any idea what's going on at MFB...? [seems (not) resolved]

I love MFB, so I hope everything’s alright. Old contact emails are down. Website is down…

1 Like

The man behind it, Manfred Fricke, passed away a few months ago.

5 Likes

A few weeks ago I was reading on their website that business is planned to continue by his son, but like many others struggles from shortages in supply – surprising to see they took it down now. I really hope they just forgot to renew their domain registration.

2 Likes

Maybe we’ll know more at superbooth in three weeks. If he’s (his son) not there, being from Berlin, that would be worrying.

3 Likes

Exactly… Just surprised to see their email drop and website disappear (hopefully just temporarily). Their public announcement definitely did not seem to suggest that would be happening.

That is a good point.

1 Like

I was in touch with Jean Marcel (the son) in December as my Synth Pro has already been in repair for more than a half a year back then. According to him they were working on it but need some time as not much was documented for the Synth Pro.

Even if it’s weird to wait that a long time for having a synth being repaired, I understand it takes time to ramp up again, especially considering the size of MFB and the circumstances.

So all I can do is crossing fingers they will make it and of course that I will get my synth back one day :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

There will no doubt be much remembered and treasured at Superbooth, MFB being so much involved with that show for quite a while.

Currently MFB is not on the exhibitor list, though that list can and does change.

The page is online again :partying_face:

7 Likes

Wow, that was astonishingly fast. :joy:

Wow, here we go again !

1 Like

Seems like the email is back up too.

1 Like

Good to read that things seem to be continuing, Manfred did a lovely job - may he rest in peace - and I liked many of their products (still really want an MFB Dominion 1 at some point).

5 Likes

(I just had an horrible vision of the future where Behringer would make MFB clones.)

4 Likes

Best sounding Monosynth in that price range (and above). It puts a fat grin on my face whenever I switch on this beast.

4 Likes

Jean-Marcel Fricke will be playing at Superbooth, according to CDM blog.

5 Likes

Has MFB closed down? Apparently their website has been down, again, for over a week. I and others have been waiting for email replies for months.
Obviously Manfred’s death has had a huge impact on the business, so maybe they’ve decided not to continue, which would be a great shame. I remember reading that his son did plan to continue however.
According to their Facebook page they attended Superbooth 22 in May, did anyone see them there?

No disrespect intended, it is/was a family owned and operated business so I wouldn’t blame them for moving on.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hesitate to speculate too, but obviously something’s going on. Hopefully it’s just transitioning pains.

1 Like

Hi Monocolor,
I’m in the same situation, my Synth Pro is at MFB for repair since 2020, and i haven’t been able to join them for months. Did you get yours back ?

1 Like

Hi Hotchkiss, unfortunately not…

I was still optimistic when they announced some new modules earlier this year, but since then the page is down and I don’t really believe anymore in getting my synth pro back.

No clue what to do, I might drop a message in a german synth forum hopping that anybody there knows more about the current situation or even has a personal contact.

Did you send yours yourself to MFB or was that handled by a shop?