Any Digitakt sampling contest around here?

I don’t mean a contest to brag or win something, just to see how you guys work with the Digitakt as a sampler. I had it for almost 2 years now, I just listened to my very first project with it, and the progress is tremendous. I really love this machine.

I AM THE MACHINE! (shoot out to Bert Kreischer)

Why not start one! I’d be up for playing.

1 Like

I might be game for it.

We hip-hop types have been doing a regular sample challenge. But that’s open to all comers and not Digitakt specific. See:

What did you have in mind?

2 Likes

Love that!

Reddit’s www.reddit.com/r/makinghiphop group has a “One Kit Contest” that involves the winner of the previous week’s contest releasing a sample pack that is used by everyone else to create a track strictly using only those samples as sound sources. It’s participation has unfortunately waned in recent months, but it may be a good way to get people making tunes.

Based on the OKC challenge I think a good one for the Digitakt would involve the challenge maker issuing a sample pack that has a maximum of 8 samples, one for each audio channel. Contestants work within those constraints to make the most compelling beat to win the challenge. The winner issues the next sample pack to keep the challenge alive.

3 Likes

I was thinking about working on a single instrument musical piece (or solo) and see how each person use the track for sampling. It doesn’t have to be a specific genre but it has to be chopped and reworked in the Digitakt as it offers a different workflow and vibe than other samplers.

If it’s flipping one sample and allowing for adding bass and drums, I’m down for that. And a one kit challenge is intresting too. I had a lot of fun just using one shots on that Loopop contest.

I found something good.

Joachim Garraud (the french DJ), just launched a contest (the universe is sending us signs).

Propose your own version of the 2007 Track Street’s Sound from Joachim Garraud’s Invasion Album. Download the original Live Ableton session and the stems.

Do your own version from the original samples recorded at 130 BPM. There is no particular style. Just have fun.
Send an email at remix@joachimgarraud.com before Dec 31st 2021 with the title REMIX STREET SOUND. Don’t forget to write in the mail, your first and last name, your pseudo and THE SOUNDCLOUD Link to access to your remix.

We will release beginning of 2022 a compilation with the best Remixes ( all Styles ) on special vinyl collector limited edition.

The winners will receive a Joachim Garraud’s Headphone + one collector vinyl of Street’s Sound including their version.

1 Like

We can work on our own or form one or more groups.

Deadline is December 31st. We have some time.