Anti-Ambient music_top-down design

One track is just an amen break, chopped up and put through an out of sync delay. The other is an acapella version of Chandelier by Sia using sample and hold on the sample start and the same out of sync delay to move it about a bit.

I propose we call this genre Antient.

3 Likes

10 Likes

And what if it was?

1 Like

I have nothing against ants. Some of my favourite musicians are ants. I’m not an antist, honestly!

4 Likes

@pgrm.woof @mess_er35 @TobySD @ylva (You’re super talented) @darenager @MixedSignals @FiFac

To address the incessant nagging, a Tom sample collection has been issued here

1 Like

10 Likes

THIS is the emergency service you all require.

Tom said.

You know, when I first started reading this thread, Tom Ellard was the first Tom that I thought of.

4 Likes

luv the tunes and the concept. consider yourself ‘followed’

Breakcore is “anti- ambient” :stuck_out_tongue:

"Some of Roach and Obmana’s most introspective and immersive recordings in years. Drones wrenched out of some nameless void cruise slowly through great vacuums of space, the only intrusion coming from stark, unearthly tones that sometimes grow, sometimes recede, into the ebony background.
Using a vast array of sound and signal processors, synths and a number of acoustic noise-makers, Roach/Obmana may very well be the acknowledged masters of anti-ambient music, music that emerges from the shadows, often erupting out of the blackness, in your face and probing, but simultaneously willing to nestle comfortably in the darkness.
These are sounds that might seem to be nearly imperceptible until they suddenly grab the surrounding environment in their awe-inspiring, immense grip. Inner space music with a definable edge. "

ah, but what do ants have against roach?

1 Like

is this anti-ambient?

1 Like

You’re going home in a cosmic…

1 Like

so-that or -this!

I suddenly remembered this thread while recommending one of my favorite tracks / albums from Vladislav Delay to a friend:

he has more high-end stuff (sound-wise) but I still like this album of his a lot

7 Likes

Never heard about anti-ambient, but this is something I feel anti-ambient-ish. Awesome performance btw.

4 Likes

I was just joking :slight_smile:

I think the most anti-ambient thing I’ve seen was a guy in a gorilla suit waving an electrified garden rake with some pick ups around and scraping and banging it on the stage. It might have been a hallucination but I’m pretty sure it happened. It was pure noisy theatre