Andrew Weatherall RIP

RIP, Legend.

12 Likes

Terrible news :’(

1 Like

Oh wow that’s so sad…totally unexpected too…
I always had massive respect for him, his work with primal scream speaks for its self. Incredible producer. Will be sorely missed

Thoughts are with his family, rest in power fella. :black_heart:

3 Likes

Sad indeed, Such an inspiration.

8 Likes

I have lots if fond memories seeing him perform DJ sets, at world headquarters, foundation and many others in Newcastle over the years. Spoke to him a few times and he was always really lovely and interested to chat about tunes etc.

8 Likes

seen him a few times back in the 90s, used to buy a lot of his records if his name was on it thats all you would need to know.

4 Likes

Ditto, when I used to collect and mix vinyl I’d often pick up anything bearing his name.

1 Like

possibly pound for pound best UK producer of all time, got to be said.

11 Likes
1 Like

All The Little Things (That Make Life Worth Living)

I hope you had it all you need.
:sleepy:

3 Likes

Very sad and very unexpected.

My wife walked down the aisle to this in 2000:

8 Likes

Absolutely. I went to see primal scream perform ‘screamadelica’ in its entirety at the Olympia in Kensington 2010…he was obviously there, did a warm up DJ set before we got a full scream set, and then screamadelica…it was one of the best nights of my life, with my best mates, a few gurners and 10,000 people feeling the love…come together (which is was instrumental in creating) was like a religious experience.

Good times. Thank you Andy for your immense contribution to music and the memories I share with my peeps.

5 Likes

I feel ya, so many great memories with his music playing somewhere, listening to these tracks people are posting takes me back,…Timeless.

Really sad news.

Tiny Reminders saw me through some dark times.

8 Likes

Really sad news…

I listened to that album on repeat - for sure a 1000 times.

1 Like

What a loss. Huge respect for his work. He can be very proud of his achievements.

1 Like

ugh. sucks. A bag of blue sparks is such a gem. RIP ::((

1 Like

+1 on this

A true remix master

RIP

:black_heart:

1 Like

Gutted. A true gentleman and pioneer. So much good work & production. R.i.p