Analog303 kit : ) (AND dual303-kit)

Your 303 patch is lush. Out of interest, how did you get on with the 101 patch?

The 101-patch never made any further devellopment; I tend to use it as a starting point for a lot of sounds. It’s hard for me to pinpoint a single trademark sound of the 101; it’s much more versatile than a 303.

1 Like

Thanks for your 303 patch. I prefer to make my patch from scratch and I kept the Accent macro idea, and the Tri wav choice, which sounds better indeed. For the moment I keep full range for macros. I chose dotted envelopes, not sure it better.

I made a Perf controlling all tracks with same parameters, it can be interesting too, with several melodic parts and chords.
5 macros added :
a rdm lfo Depth for EnvF Depth
a rdm lfo Depth for EnvF Decay
Overdrive
Delay send/feedback
Reverb send/decay

With this Perf I tried with 3 tracks, the 1st for Osc, 2nd neighbor cascading filters, 3rd overdrive only.
More biting increasing overdrive of the 3 tracks but still not perfect.

The more I try, the more I want a good TB303 clone and something like the modular Acidlab M303 seems to be interesting with A4. Filters seems more wet and juicy.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, aparently I overlooked yours…

First concerning the envelopes:
The dot in the envelope shapes indicates that it is a restarting envelope: It always starts from a value of 0. Not the most desirable for a 303-emulation if you ask me, for it makes ties sound differently: you will hear a slide, but in the mean time the note triggers again.

Second:
I am curious to hear your emulation, please do post .syx files!!!

Third:
Right now I’m experimenting with using an extra envelope to send to filt freq, with no dot and slow attack and a medium slow decay. This in trying to emulate the “stacking of accents” as described in Robin Whitttle’s excellent analysis of the sound behaviour of a 303, linked to in one of the posts above,

NabooMar 4
Finding this article an interesting read

http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/303-unique.html57

The challenge in this is making this aux envelope only gets triggered in accents. I might have to look for another way of programming accents on A4 than usinging its inbuilt accent feature… When I get to a better emulation than I posted earlier, I will of course post another syx-file (with additional instructions on programming accents… if necessary).

Good luck, and above all keep enjoying playng with A4!!!

3 Likes

Anyone tried this one on an A4mkII yet?

Would be very interested to hear a sound example!

2 Likes

Mine MK2 is suppose to come in a few days, so I will give it a go.

Anyone else that has mk2 cares to do some holiday acid? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the A4 mk1 and AR mk1.
I did this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EPdakio8zP0zTE_Z-00YTZ0WDRPJ6YWZ few days ago, the acid is done using the first voice into the second voice and cranking the overdrive in the second voice.

1 Like

Cool!

You know, the funny thing is that i thought your set sounded more like a 101 than a 303… :slight_smile:

Anyone done a comparison between the AR 303 emulation and the A4 ?

Happy 303_day! :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks! My birthday too!
I soldered a 100$ xox heart recently, A4 sequencing! I used Analog Drive as overdrive but A4’s (MKI) was good too.

5 Likes

gonna try this out, thx :wink:

I have some problem using the singel 303 kit on my MKII. Maybe I do something wrong with the note length. Could anybody maybe add a syx file with an example pattern?

1 Like

Unfortunately I’ve got no A4 anymore, but maybe a few pointers might help:

• Note length for untied notes: 1/32 (half a step)
  • For slide/tied notes: Just a tiny bit longer than the step (e.g. 1.05 or so)
  • Of course you could use longer notes than 1/16: 1,5 step for 1/8 notes, 3,5 step for 1/4
1 Like

@TBN
Thank you for your reply. What about the slides? Pervios note length to 1,5 as you mentioned in the instructions?

Anywhere between 1.05 and 1.5 will do; the notes just need to overlap a bit. (and don’t forget to use the slide trigs!)

1 Like

@TBN
Did all you mentioned. Doesn’t sound like a 303 at all.

It should…

…you did play a bit with the performance macro knobs?

6 Likes

@TBN
Yes sounds fantastic. Yes I played with the performance macros.I guess some syx pattern would really help.

2 Likes