Expired

x

11 Likes

While building my rack, i’m finding something thats kinda a bummer(and it exists in your rack too) is because of some of the shared audio channels (for example RS+CP), you can’t mute them individually. you’ll still get it audio on the other channel…
(also means you gotta be careful not to enable audio on one of the shared devices or you’ll get a double voice…

I wish the mute in ablutions racks was a midi mute and not an audio mute

but having the rytm plugin now is still pretty rad : )

Are you using the sound driver here, or are you using the output from the plugin?

I cannot use the sound driver, because to do that you have to set up an Aggregate device in OS X which adds lots and lots of latency,
so now trying how to route the individual outs from the Analog Rytm plugin.

• I add the Analog Rytm plugin on an Instrument track, and then
    create a new Audio track setting “Audio from” to “1-Analog Rytm” and the input to “Analog Rytm | BD | Pre FX”.

I enable Monitor In but no sound is coming through, even though the same
setup works with Battery 4/Kontakt etc.

This is using the Audiounit btw, anyone had any luck with this?

Stupid me figured it out.

“1-AnalogRytm” was actually the old Drum Rack I had set up in my default template :smiley:

Individual outputs work from the plugin now, which is AWESOME!!

1 Like

Anyone know if you can get separate outputs on each ableton track. i.e not the kick and snare on the same track but on separate mono inputs?

Thanks

That’s what this does & in a handy drum rack. you may need to re adjust the ins and outs in the patch to match your setup. and of course setup separate outs in the control panel application (not in the VST).

1 Like

Yea it looks great and nice one for sharing it but I only have Ableto 8 at the mo

Anyone else getting the Overbridge VST screen ‘sticking’ in the foreground when you want to work in Ableton? Any mouse click on an Ableton parameter sends me straight back to the VST screen. (Mac/Mavericks/Live 9.1.9) Can’t get rid of the damn thing unless I properly close it.

Thanks Patrick, ill give it a worl

No joy in live 8 unfortunately

Im really new with the AR and OB, and trying out this Rack

• Is it normal that this Rack Configuration uses between 65-75% CPU
    without doing anything than activate them? How can it be?

• A general Basic question. If I want to use all my non elektron synth, drummachine devices together with the AR in Ableton I have to select
    my standard Audiointerface as the IN/OUT and not the Analog Rytm, what is normaly requested in OB and the only way to run this Rack if I understood the workflow, isn´t it? How to configure it in the best way to use all devices?

Cant seem to get this to work in 9.2, I have a working template that i’m currently using but this looks more elegant can anyone explain how to get this running

(edit after much fiddling I got it to work, found that i had two instances of the plug and the wrong one was selected)

yes i have the VST screen sticking too.

Just curious, i’m not really sure what your overbridge M4L patch does that the overbridge software doesn’t or what does it adds to overbridge? What does it offer / what are the benefits of it? Is it more like a preset setup for it?

Thanks

Thanks a lot for this!

Really got me started :slight_smile:

amazing work Patrick! thank you!

but i have to agree with notechnotech, that the joint channels are quite annoying.

does anybody know a workaround (m4l?) to work on Ableton’s side with split mono signals for CH/OH & CY/BB - (and to pan hard left/right on the Rytm)

because then it would be possible to work properly with the signals.

ah, that are mono channels, damn…
got confused by ableton showing them as stereo in the dropdowns
(while actual mono inputs from my soundcard show up as mono there)

i have decided to try to focus on working with Pads 1,2,3,5,6,7,9 & 11.
like this i have 8 proper single outs & that should be enough for most i do with it.
no more mute groups though…

Hi guys. Hopefully someone out there can help me with this issue:

I was able to do this setup properly and each pad to correspond to the pad/tracks on the Analog Rytm. Im using Ableton Push to sequence the AR. All the pads play their corresponding sounds except, they are being triggered in what it sounds like Retrig mode (1/16th repetitions).

-There is no “repeat enabled” on my Push sequencer
-If I play any pad/track on the AR, it doesn’t play this way. It plays the normal one shot.
-If I use the mouse to trigger the pads on the drum rack, it still retriggers the notes
-“Always ON” Retrig mode on the AR is set to no
-I recently updated the AR OS to 1.22 and recently installed Overbridge which I unistalled right away thinking it might have something to do with this issue; currently is not installed.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

It’s a bug in the latest 1.22 OS updates when notes are triggered externally via midi.