Using Rytm w/Overbridge and Push 2 in Live

Hey all,
Has anyone had much luck using the Rytm through Overbridge with drum racks in Live? I was playing around with it tonight and got it to work. It’s not as easy as it sounds though, I basically had to have a MIDI track with a drum rack loaded to it, then a Rytm track with MIDI inputs coming from the drum rack, then Push 2’s sequencer wasn’t triggering any Rytm sounds with it so it was like sequencing blind…

Am I treading new ground here or has there been an established way to make these play nice? The best I could find online was this article, which predates Push 2 and Overbridge…

I have it running perfectly with Push V1

I think that article predates Overbridge. I know I:

• Make a drumrack
  • Put the overbridge VST on the first pad (BD)
  • Use external instrument , midi to, and make sure it goes to the Overbridge VST. Take care of the note you send, since it will be different from the standard output.
  • Mute the external instrument, since all audio will be send to the first pad (BD)

(The picture is wrong in the note that it sends btw, they all out to C1, but this needs to be fixed to hit the note that triggers the BD)

Only thing that doesn’t work is muting the different part of a rack, since you just send midi. But you can use the mute page on the Rytm for that.

If you can’t fix it hit me up with a PM and I’ll send you the Drumrack I use.

2 Likes

tada…

Analog Rytm Overbridge Ableton Drum Rack

A drum rack instrument with automation controls to help control and sequence the Elektron Analog Rytm with Overbridge & separate outputs.

or from here…
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/3103/dsp-rtym-overbridge

2 Likes

Does Stepautomation work properly?
I just set up my minitaur with live and am really disappointed as envelope times modulated by step automation are ignored quite often :frowning:

How does it work out for you?
I was thinking about sequencing the elektrons from live several times. I have push 1 which isn’t that great to work with as sitting in front of the machine but works quite well.
On the plus side would be groove quantize which I used a lot before turning my head towards the elektrons.

Never had a problem sending “P-Locks” across multiple parameters on my Slim Phatty using Push 1. How have you got it set up? I’ve always used a max device as kinda a go-between.

I am using an external instrument within live and placed the plugin within the chain. Some of the cc’s are ignore some are not.
Tried sequencing from octatrack as well. same problem. some people said it might be due to the note on / off being sent first but it also happens when placing a cc in front of the event.
a pitty. the miniature sounds awesome but just sucks in terms of firmware and reliability

Mute, solo doesn’t work :frowning:

Hi Patrick! thanks for this amazing device!
But I have problem to sync my notes, can you help please ?
I’m beginners, just bought Push 2
Maybe you have some video or screens please ?
thanks

thx!!

Yo! If anyone searches for this thread; I got it to work in a great way. You don’t need to put OB on a drumpad; just Ext instruments.

• You still have the multitrack option
  • You just use the drum rack to send midi, essentially just using Push’s pads.

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 21.33.50

2 Likes