Analog Rytm OS 1.7x: bug reports

Yeah, muting unused trigs doesn’t do much in the EUC mode for independent tracks but it is useful for choke groups like tracks 3/4, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12. You can reserve some trigs (my example had the tracks inverted though) so I would still think being able to mute unused trigs like it is possible right now in the non-EUC sequencer should be possible rather than consider it a non expected behavior.

I just discovered this too. It’s gotta be an oversight. Push-turn moves by integers but does not snap and is slower than expected, while Function-turn snaps to integer but is way too sensitive and updates very slowly. I sent a bug report to support.

1 Like

Yeah, so there’s one thing. Not sure whether it is a bug tho.

When you select a machine - you can use the left top knob to travel through the pop-up list

When you do the same with a sample, the same knob changes a parameter value on the page behind the popup instead of scrolling and you have to use arrows

Drives nuts

1 Like

Getting a pretty bad quarter note click/pop on my main out using overbridge. Think it started right after the update. Calibration didn’t fix it.

Did you find the issue?

1 Like

i’m going to try the tips here: Rytm mkII pads bug - #17 by KRB
(thanks for asking :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Not sure if this counts but the LFO fade never resets itself when the LFO mode is set to FREE. It has no effect unless you set FADE to 0 and move it up, then it only fades once and never again. On Digitakt and Model:Cycles it resets on every trig regardless of the mode.

IIRC this was originally also a problem on the Digitone, but has been fixed. Hoping it gets changed on the Rytm

1 Like

Anyone else having LED issues on MK1 after the update?
My pad 7 ( MT) is behaving weirdly. Like not showing the right color in Chromatic mode and not turning on when pad select.

Surely that’s normal behaviour since the fade applies to the onset of the lfo when it’s triggered (in trig mode) and won’t apply when it’s free running.

Doubtful since they changed the behavior in every device after the dark trinity.

1 Like

It should fade in with the note trigger not the LFO trigger, so even if it’s free it will fade into wherever it is up to in the LFO cycle. It works this way on their other devices and is a lot more useful.

1 Like

Thanks, I haven’t explored the lfo fade-in function much, I hope Elekron fix this soon if it isn’t doing what it’s meant to do.

1 Like

Not sure if a bug or new, but definitely a strange and unexpected behaviour:

Using chromatic mode on a track plays that track sound, however if that track is configured to send midi it doesn’t use that track’s midi channel, it uses the performance midi channel. This means if the track uses midi its behaviour is different depending on if you play it via the sequencer or via the chromatic pads.

1 Like

I really like to use the fill function on the seq to make a rolling kick or hihat to introduce a new sound
for example remove the kick press the page knob and put the kick back will having the fill notes play
with the new update sadly this isnt possible anymore.when pressing the page knob now the new playback function pops up.
It still works but only if the track is already playing…
So no more little intro trick anymore.

1 Like

Elektron already said they’ll fix it. Mk2 has a dedicated fill button, so it apparently slipped through testing that it won’t work as smooth on Mk1 .

2 Likes

Ok hope they do. On the mk1 it is a big thing losing this function i think …thanks for the replay…Schnork

2 Likes

Hi, I couldn’t find any notes to the following issue, just happened this evening after playing with OS1.70 from the release day on:

In Mute Mode, the BD Pad suddenly appeared in blue color and even when returning to other pages and back to Mute Mode, it remains illuminated blue. Mute also works on the pad, but it remains constant blue instead of the usual green = on/off function.

After restarting the Rytm it disappeared, will see if the issue returns.

Am I missing something about the “Fold” half of this? I see the scale functionality but can’t find a way to fold.

It would be especially useful as there are only 12 pads, unlike the 16 on Syntakt with a “Fold” feature that removes the gaps and just gives you more notes in key.

I’m posting here because its absence feels like a bug given the above copy.

1 Like

Noticed that too…would love a fold feature!