Analog Rytm OS 1.70 Upgrade

i was freaked out after adding firmware wasn’t getting sound. you do have to do the calibration…
i just turned my on and calibrated it was perfectly fine. took 2+ hours.

1 Like

I am loving the new BD Acoustic and HH Lab machines. I’ve had a mk1 since they first came out and it’s been a desert island piece of kit. It’s really nice to unexpectedly have more features almost 10 years after its first release. Thanks, Elektron!

8 Likes

This doesn’t change much. If you bought a Perkins, these sudden additions don’t take anything away.

It’s a lot of mula but the Perkons sound still works better for me than any elektron.

I returned my Perkons because I just could not justify the cost and currently happy enough with a Syntakt.

But it doesn’t fit into my mixes nearly as well as Perkons did.

1 Like

did you try adjusting the effects and compressor on the Syntakt to fit better in the mix?

1 Like

Stock ST needs filtering. So great they have a second bandpass filter for each instrument after the “normal” filter. That tames it.

AR 1.70 - Test Drive 3

Same same but different (sort of minimal techno)
Make use of new machines - and trying to find the sound. The delay is not my best friend yet (think the DT delay is easier on me but this may be an illusion :wink: - but overbridge is :smiley:)

The ogg vorbis seems to take a while to load:

1 Like

There’s no compressor on the syntakt

1 Like

But bandpass filters :wink: And one could use an outboard or software compressor to fit it in the mix (well you have to mix on and with something, do you?) :slight_smile:

Like nearly everyone else, I’m loving this update. I would have been happy even if it was just the recalibration!
I haven’t had time to take every new feature for a proper test drive yet but the ones I’ve tried have been great.
An unexpected change (or at least it seems like it) is the noise. Wherever I’ve used it since updating it sounds better. I’ll do a proper comparison with some older recordings to see if I’m fooling myself obviously but that’s been an unexpected treat.

2 Likes

Happy if one machine does not work in the restrictions of equal temperament (with sluggish intervals) and fixed time signatures :star_struck:

1 Like

That RYTM 1.70 Sound :wink:

3 Likes

ST doesn’t have a comp. But that’s not really what I mean.

If I had to adjust things each time to fit a mix, I’d still have a high value and prefer for a box that just “works” without that effort.

Hopefully I didn’t come off strong. I love my ST and have no problems using it and getting sounds I like.

But something about that Perkons sound works super well for me with minimal effort. It’s just a totally different sonic signature.

My overall point is that nothing in the Rytm update amounts a big change in sonic signature or immediacy of controls which are the main draws of Perkons to me.

I don’t feel like anyone was grabbing a Perkons to be a feature rich machine. So a few more features on Rytm is far from a Perkons killer in my opinion.

Love the Rytm. Love the Syntakt. Love the update. Love the Perkons.

1 Like

These people aren’t in the beta so they don’t know about the new Syntakt FX block compressor yet

4 Likes

the Analog Heat really helps a lot with my Elektron gear. I would get a second in a heartbeat especially the new one that has additional FX!

1 Like

And before this cleansing with fire, just uninstalling and rebooting is generally enough.

The Rytm sounds too good without samples now

9 Likes

What beta

I actually know nothing, I’m just joking. I’m just a random guy

of course. this is basically an escalated version of that in case simple reinstall won’t work, as it was the case in my situation.

1 Like

this is a nice app to visual ideas (sorry if it’s been shared already) and midi test ideas