Analog Rytm OS 1.70 Upgrade

Are you saying this is like sequencing the SH-101 with trigger input? That would be totally fantastic

Didn’t see this coming.

Killer.

ns

Just when I thought I never need a Rytm they drop THIS update… dang! :rofl:

3 Likes

SY Raw on mine is fixed on infinite decay. Adjusting the decay has no affect. I’ll check it again later today, to see if I’ve missed anything obvious.
Otherwise, all seems ok.
An amazing update. Very grateful.

2 Likes

I can’t live record anything from the TRIG menu, note, velocity, length… I used to to some random recording of some params like velocity or note but now it’s no longer recording.

@moderators perhaps a new bug reports thread for 1.70 should be opened?

1 Like

There’s this existing AR bugs thread too if a specific 1.70 one is too granular: AR Bugs thread

Edit: probably does make more sense to have a dedicated thread given the major update.

I sold it a few months ago to integrate a syntakt.

I won’t buy it again

I won’t buy it again

I won’t buy it again !! :woozy_face:

3 Likes

yeah but there was one for 1.61, so I figured a dedicated to the version is better since there’s a lot of changes specific to this version…

2 Likes

Congrats to all Rytm owners and thank you to Elektron. You obviously listen to your community and never stop thinking about hidden potential of machines, even decades into their life cycle. The fact that you give this to MKI users as well plus the open communication about LFOs should earn a lot of trust among users that you invest into these machines for the long run.

I love how plocked trigs now show you which parameter pages are locked and whether micro timing is applied. That’s a feature that would be handy on all Elektrons! Other quality of life improvements like page loop and saving plocked sounds as well as the new sequencer would also be great of course.

It will be interesting to see how some of these updates will be rolled out to other machines now. Especially how hard Elektron wants to differentiate Syntakt from Rytm from now on - or not. My guess is that some minor updates will find their way into other machines rather quickly. But the new sequencer mode might be reserved for Rytm and the next new flagship machine, especially after the comments made by @avantronica asking us to not expect these on all of the machines as a given.

12 Likes

That’s a good point.

1 Like

Yep, I designed and implemented SY CHIP.

66 Likes

the euclidean on choke tracks is a blast, having static OH and euclidean on CH now makes the OH randomly open and close… I imagine having sampled synth/loops running on choke tracks would lead to a great variations

10 Likes

Unexpected, but a nice upgrade.

It sounds great!

1 Like

If you step out at dawn this morning you can hear the sound of thousands of Rytm Mk 1s around the world awaking from dusty hibernation and recalibration.

Owners overjoyed at their forgotten love for the sweet sounds of the Rytm. How could I have left you stored like a book, sideways on a shelf for so long.

Always the dark horse, the Rytm rides again!

23 Likes

My calibration finished earlier than the counter anticipated so I managed to play around with the new OS for 30 minutes before bedtime.

The hi-hat lab gave me strong Aphex Twin vibes and generally I feel like taking the unit to my rehearsal space as soon as possible for some big PA action. :wink:

1 Like

What an awesome update!

Added two new PULSE WIDTH parameters for the CB CLASSIC and CB METALLIC machines.

This might not be the most appealing new feature but it’s great! it brings a lot of new flavor to the CB that I already used a lot for “pads”. With the 2 pulses beating against each other in relation to the detune parameter it can get pretty wild.

you can hear it in action at around 35s (pad like going left/right) where there’s a quick tremolo like effect from the pulses beating against each other.
using new machines (except for the toms):
bd acoustic
sd acoustic
sy raw
sy chip
hh lab
cb metal with pulse width
(+rev2)

Was wondering how they could implement an Euclidean sequencer and that’s just perfect! 2 pulses generator with the or/xor/and/sub1-2 is such a great idea! we can change the rhythm on the fly easily with these parameters. Really well thought out. Hope this will find its way in all the other boxes with page loop and rand LFO slew!

Time to explore the sy chip a bit more now.

21 Likes

Absolutely incredible update! So much fun! I’m trying to play chromatically (or with scales) for the SY Raw machine but it’s the same notes no matter how I change the octave or play on the scale. Anyone else noticing this? Am I doing something wrong?

F**k i need a Rytm…again… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Check if chromatic is on in Sound Settings (func+mute then bottom option)

5 Likes