Analog Rytm OS 1.60A: bug reports

yes it seems to be referencing the slot it was saved in,
rather adding the new sample and referencing that new slot…

it works for loading a preset as the sound it puts the sample into the first available slot and can find it, it doesnt seem to be working for sound locks…

ive only just started testing the digitakt, but that seems to work so far,
so possibly a bug on the rytm?

No, the pool sound references a sample slot, not a sample

so you cant save presets with samples and use them in the sound pool?

This makes me think it would be indeed something that has been overlooked by Elektron for the Sound pool.
I mean, it should work the same if you load a Sound in a track, and if you load a Sound in the pool.
@DanJamesAUS I would drop a ticket, IMO.

2 Likes

I just tested and the digitakt does find the correct sample when using the sound pool.
and doesnt reference the slot it was saved in
its more complicated on the Rytm because of the analog engines so may have been overlooked
I will send a ticket to Elektron,

2 Likes

It’s nuanced, but I think you’re right having tried

I can create a new sound and have it do the right thing for all circumstances … whether it’s loading into a track or loaded into a track direct from the pool (with its sample) when it is otherwise not part of the kit

However, it’s not evidently possible to play it in live from the pool as a ‘live sound lock’ including loading the sample in time for the first hit - so whilst it previews fine it won’t play back properly from the first sound lock entered, but it does lock properly upon the second tap in attempt whilst still viewing the pool - this is also the case if it’s had the sample loaded into another track and the sample is already there - it’s losing valid locks as part of the failed sound lock, not just the sample reference, but only at first strike

it’s not just the sample reference lock that was omitted when sound locking from pool - it also didn’t work on any parameters, e.g bit-rate was a part of my lock, indeed, the name isn’t shown as a lock at the bottom when holding in the trig

so it’s a bit messy and messy to explain, but it’s not quite right in this test scenario I tried

it seemed fine first time, but ensuring the sample was cleared out and the sound pool was emptied and then retrying takes a bit of time - it seems fine in many scenarios as said, but I only get an issue if trying to soundlock from the pool (as you must) - but I can load sounds in a regular way properly from the pool fine afaict

1 Like

it works in this case, but after that it has troubles…
i hadn’t tried live sound locks I was only using the track level to select them…
once you add more sounds to the pool its hit or miss if they work. mostly not.
Ive already sent a ticket!..

2 Likes

As of 1.60a, it doesn’t look like the FX track is mutable via CC (1 94 13) or the tracks 1-12 solo function. I sent a ticket in about 4 hours ago.

I seem to recall having issues like that (it was a couple years ago) and I think it was due to some LFO settings I had. I can’t remember exactly what it was now though.

couldn’t find anything related to this other than this old thread:

this is what happens when hitting BT5 (decay in the amp page set to inf) and then hitting the other pads starting from BD1. setting a shorter decay will only make the noise stop after some time. tried loading a new kit/project, switch on/off the AR (MKI) but the issue is still there, didn’t happen last time i used the AR :thinking:

edit: test mode gives 1 error: AUDIO[-] 2

Right a very weird thing here I can’t easily repeat.

Occasionally, usually on the SD track but also on the RS track

I have SYN deselected (im just using samples in this case)

A very weird fast looped synth sound comes through (either playing the sequence or just pressing the pad to trigger the sound).

It’s an endless loop if I have the Amp Env set to infinite.

It’s very very weird and a horrible sound, and only happens sometimes. If I turn SYN on and off it doesn’t go away, but if I bring the decay down, and change the synth assign, and turn SYN on and off, it does stop and starts behaving normally.

Anyone else experienced this? Pretty much brand new RYTM.

Edit:

Made a new pattern and fresh kit, turned SYN off on all the tracks, and SD still triggers a synth sound. If i change the settings of the synth DECAY it appears to have zero effect - all the other settings alter the sound - including amp env, filter, LFO. It just appears to be a completely infinite sustained version of whatever sound.

This is bizzare!

Have you checked the FX settings?
In particular Delay Feedback and Compression Mix. Set them both to 0, just to check.

Compressor at zero, zero delay level. Its definitely the synth sound itself

If I manage to stop the sound, save the kit, the sound comes back! Its happening on SD and RS only, and turning SYN off does not stop it sounding. eek

OK.
If it happens when SYN is deselected, then it most likely comes from the SMPL menu.
Is LOOP mode ON?

It does it when sample is off as well, loop off, no sample loaded

Its clearly the synth sound, cus when you change the synth TUN it alters the pitch

Oh, I had understood you had deselected SYN parameter in TRIG menu.
Can you drop a picture of the SYN menu then?

Will do when I’m back home. It makes the sound when SYN trigger is off as well

Here are the settings. If tap the pad its a continuous (horrible) noise, and if i turn the TUN it changes pitch.

Obviously usual rules apply here … test with nothing else connected by USB or MIDI, try a fresh new project and have a look at Test Mode if it’s still producing sound when it’s standalone in a new project and you have empty patterns and syn+smp trigs off etc … that doesn’t make any sense otherwise, could possibly be an issue

next thing to try would be to create a simple sound based on the noise machine and copy it to every track - then compare all tracks

if it was a bug it should affect other people too