Analog Rytm OS 1.60A: bug reports

Firmware 1.60A is now released

Discuss here

Think about updating Transfer app and Overbridge.

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in the newest OS, reproduced it in a project created since the upgrade and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

3 Likes

I’m still having the same issue when I boot the unit :

I’ve opened a ticket already.

Looks like I’ll have to send it back for sure now.

Grrrr

1 Like

It’s also important to say the positive things.
Elektron was super fast and very responsive. They are sending a new RYTM to me
Top service :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Just posted in this thread about the “MISSING CAL: PADS” error…

I figured I would log the issue here as well.

@Carmelo_Ponente i am curious, did your device do this from new or was it something that started to happen after a while?

From new ! Make sure to open a ticket. I did it as well and they did care of it very good.
I’m getting a new unit and hope it will be ok but if we see more person having that, I’d day it’s more an OS issue.

Yeah I have lodged a support ticket just now.

I am hoping its a firmware issue and not a hardware one :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

this happended to me yesterday when i powered it on. nothing in the project i was working on appeared to be affected, but it was still worrying… what does it mean?

Be sure to open a ticket guy, this is the only way they can find the solution.
I got my new AR from them and sadly it happened again, I’m a bit confused :confused:
I hope they’ll found a solution but I’m sure they will :slight_smile:

1 Like

An email response from support indicated a fix would address the issue in a future update. It was mentioned none of the devices they inspected had hardware faults and if the message was intermittent and the pads worked then there’s nothing to worry about. I’m happy to wait for a software fix.

2 Likes

Oh yeah ? good to know then !
Thanks

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Transfer 1.2 Bug Reports

I have a new Black MkII and I just upgraded to OS 1.6.0A and experienced the “MISSING CAL: PADS” on startup – I tried running calibration and it hung on calibrating the analog synths. Also, I noticed before this that the Rytm wouldn’t start properly when switching off and on:

1. turn Rytm off
  2. turn Rytm on
  3. the LEDs flashed on start but the screen wouldn’t come on
  4. I then hit a pad, and the screen suddenly came on
  5. Got the “MISSING CAL: PADS” error

Hi, many of us had the same situation. Don’t worry, it looks like Elektron is working on it.
Their CS told me that the developers have assured them that the fix they’re working on will make sure this never happens.
Also, make sure to don’t try to off one during the boot, the unit doesn’t like that :slight_smile:

Congratulations for your new AR, just be patient until it’s perfect !

1 Like

Not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed also that the red trig LEDs don’t seem to respond to parameter locks now – like before the trig LEDs would blink intermittently to show that there were parameter locks recorded on them, I assumed; But now they don’t blink.

Did you notice this juste after the missing cap message ? If so, make sure to send a video and open a ticket at Elektron.

No, I noticed this separately – before the boot / missing cal: pads error.

Didn’t saw that on my black one. Worth opening a ticket

i cant say that i noticed p-locks not blinking on 1.60 but on 1.60A mine work ok
did you update to 1.60A or are still on 1.60 ??

Sorry, I’m on 1.60A

Upgrade form 1.50A to 1.60A went fine on my AR2grey. Encountered something else now though, and I think it was present in previous OS’s. Please tell me whether this is expected or buggy?

I have a kit with performances 2 and 3 programmed. Kit is saved with perf 2 selected so when i use the quick perf knob it controls perf 2. I now select perf 3 and move it all the way up. If I now hit NO+KIT to reload the kit the QPERF selection goes back to perf 2 but perf 3 remains active at maximum value until I manually select and change its value.

To me perf 3 should revert to 0 when reloading kit. I find it confusing that performances don’t reset with kit reload. What do you think? Bug or feature?