Analog Rytm OS 1.60: bug reports

Same on my AK

HI.
Does any has problems with pattern tempo? Mine is not working anymore . All the pattern in a project have the same tempo. Itā€™s like pattern tempo became exactly the same of project tempo.
Same thing happened on the A4

there are two tempo modes, per pattern and per project, check the user manual for info on what the different colour states of the tempo icon mean or toggle the modes whilst on the tempo page, the shortcut is on screen, doesnā€™t sound like a bug

thanks, I know. whatever I do nothing changes.
ie: project tempo is 120bpm, all patterns are 120 bpm. makes sense
if I use pattern tempo and I change the tempo in pattern A1 to 85bpm, pattern F3 will be 85bpm too.
itā€™s like thereā€™s no difference.
I donā€™t understand

I discovered that if you put it in pattern tempo then switch off the machine wait a bit and switch on it works. weird.

Same on my ARytm MK2

It seems to just be the 8/8 condition ive reported it and they told me it already has been fixed ready for next update

2 Likes

Same issue.

Button functionality frozen after upgrading to Version 1.60

The audio of my RYTM MKII works via Overbridge (2.0.41.11) in Logic 10.5.1.
i.e. audio is normal, but no manual functionality of buttons and pots on RYTM MKII. Using Overbridge I can tweak/modify all sounds; just no access via front panel of the RYTM MKII hardware.

While using Overbridge in Logic X, All lights on RYTM MKII hardware illuminate as normal.

Have run the SELF TEST: no errors

OS Catalina 10.15.7
Overbridge 2.0.41.11
Transfer 1.2.2.9

you should clarify what happens when you boot the device up with only the power cord attached to distinguish between firmware issues and setup issues

only the power cord, no usb, no midi !

Without USB / MIDI cable attached, bootup is ā€œnormalā€.
Various flashes of buttons.
Between 7-12 seconds on logo and version text window.

With USB cable attached
same as above, BUT
there is a 5-10 second blank screen before completing bootup.

i.e. no blank screens when no cable attached

NB: I created a ticket with elektron an hour ago

1 Like

This what I have fro Elektron support so far, I really hope it can sort outā€¦

"Just a quick update. We think we soon have a solution that will make it possible for you to downgrade/upgrade the unit on your own and fix the problem. Weā€™re very optimistic that this will work. Hold off on sending the unit if you prefer this solution. It should be ready in a few days.
"

3 Likes

MKI here, encoder F has become very laggy when turned quickly.
Didnā€™t notice before the upgrade so Iā€™m quite sure itā€™s not hardware related.

I think I remember similar issues in some thread on older OS, anyone else experiencing weird behavior with encoders ?

test the encoders in test mode - then all are evaluated equally - you may have a failing encoder, or you may just be on a parameter for which gearing has been changed

Thx Avantronica, just did.
Didnā€™t know about test mode, funny thing.
Every encoders work fine, some have slight differences but F definitely isnā€™t the less responsive.

I still think itā€™s software related since it seems to happen on every parameters (didnā€™t check every machines)ā€¦ When turned quickly the value doesnā€™t jump but only increases by 1 or 2, in test mode same action results in fine response.

What do you mean by ā€œgearing has been changedā€ ?

1 Like

the parameter acceleration or feel in a parameter may have been tweaked, so a familiar parameter may have seemed off compared to before - just a thought, the test mode is what Iā€™d put most faith in, but if it seems off run it past support

compare in one of the modulation menus - e.g. Aftertouch (Fn+FLTR, then scroll down) - each row of encoders should feel the same there, so E through H should give a good comparison incorporating F

1 Like

Hi guys,

Hope youā€™re fine & safe.

Sometimes, when I turn the unit ON, the LED flash but then nothing.

Then, when I push a pad it starts :

Is it a known issue ? Looks like yes but still, I would love to get feedback from the Elektron family :slight_smile:

Thank you very much

occasionally when I turn on the Rytm it does the same thing, i just switch it off and on again and it worksā€¦ I honestly donā€™t think itā€™s something to worry about, unless it happens constantlyā€¦

It happened like 3 times today but it was the first time. Iā€™ve opened a ticket.
Iā€™m sure they will fix it but still, this and A4 ā€¦ not super cool :frowning:

1 Like

When it happens try to switch it off again

Wait 2 minutes and turn it on again

It happens on my AR Mk2 on 1.60

It did not happen on my 1.50

1 Like

Will try thank you !