Analog Rytm OS 1.60: bug reports

Firmware 1.60 is now released

Discuss here

Think about updating Transfer app and Overbridge.

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in the newest OS, reproduced it in a project created since the upgrade and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

6 Likes

Alright, is it just me or is there noticeable lag between engaging a perf macro (or aftertouch) and when the modulation becomes audible? I’d wager 300ms of lag, at least.

I’m currently submitting a report on this, and I’ll happily revert to 1.50 and record a proper comparison, if need be. As always, I backed up everything preceding.

Edit: Here’s a quick vid recorded on my phone + lavalier-mic-in-the-headphone-cup set up:

I think ^this is pretty clear (especially at 6 seconds on the play page), when listening for the impact and then the delayed octave skip.

1 Like

Just got done updating my Rytm and A4 and the Rytm won’t turn on. It just freezes on the OS info screen then goes black. I Emailed support but just wondered if anyone ever had an issue like that?

3 Likes

Alright, so I’m experiencing something very similar (on my A4 MK2) to what you’re saying you’re experiencing.

The only fix I’ve found is to:

1. Enter test mode on boot.
  2. Exit.

Following ^these two steps, the unit should function properly. And yes, I believe you’ll need to do this every time you turn it on.

1 Like

Are your units mk1 or mk2?

I’ve had the same problem. But after disconnecting my USB cable the Analog 4 MK2 started normally again.
EDIT: I remember that I also disconnected the power supply for about 20 sec.

1 Like

Think I found a nasty bug…
the TRC Trig conditions 2:3, 4,4 etc are not being saved…
could someone confirm this?
I loaded a project from earlier today and the beat was all wrong…
the prob was correct just the TRC was not

MkII

No luck here, I tried that but this things just dead:( it’ll finally boot up after a few minutes if I let it sit there but it’s completely unresponsive to all pads, buttons and knobs afterwards.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think mines dead haha.

After updating to 1.60 on my MKII, the buttons no longer work either. It seems to start up OK, the test shows no errors. I can get sound if I use Overbridge and can play patterns from my DAW. I just can’t do anything on the device itself.

@vvilms You mention entering Test Mode and then exiting. Is there a way to exit without just switching off and on? I’ve tried everything I can think of without luck.

Here’s hoping I can do an OS Upgrade over Midi should an updated firmware appear.

2 Likes

My apologies:

1. [FUNC + power]
  2. Click #5 to exit and finish booting.
1 Like

Thanks, just tried. Same behavior, the buttons are still non functional.

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe try disconnecting all peripherals (midi/ usb), as well as opening a new project (if you can get that far). Otherwise, open a support ticket if you haven’t yet.

I’ll let you know if anything else comes to mind.

1 Like

yeah I’ve found the same issue with the trig conds.
also my rytm is freezing when I press the stop button. Doesn’t always do it sometimes it’s after 5 mins of playing, sometimes after 20. Never had a freeze before the update

Thanks for letting me know its not just mine, Ive sent a support ticket about the trig conditions…
I havent had a freeze when pressing stop yet though.

1 Like

Exactly the same here. Everything plays like a short loop, fills as well

1 Like

I found a but using samples with pad 3 and pad4

Play Pad3 of track 3, than Pad 4 track 4, the first time it sounds ok, the second time there is a click sound in track 4 ( similar to Impulse machine)

I tried to 0 out all the volumes (samples+synth) but the click sound is still there
I will try with a new project today

My Rytm shows after updating to 1.60 a unexpected behavior: the RECORD Button seems not more working properly. When i hit this Button, nothing happens. But if i hit and hold Play and then press Record, my Rytm goes to Pause.
The CPU recognize a Key press (what means the Key seems to work), but react incorrect.

Same :frowning: