Analog Rytm MKII is now shipping

nope, just like DT (see manual)

2 Likes

What is the new machine? Can’t watch the video right now as I’m in a lecture!

sounds like samples , so it should sound good …
if it were all synthesis , then yes its good…

cenk mentions a new synth engine, any more details / demos on that? , or maybe i misunderstood…

1 Like

Oh crap. Shouldn’t have watched that. GAS o clock

6 Likes

Where is the OS update for MK1 that adds the synth engine? If Mk2 is shipping I would assume its done right?

Does anyone know if it’s the same overdrive and distortion circuit as the MK1?

A bass synth kind of thing, not documented in the manual yet, it seems. I wouldn’t expect much more than what can be done with single cycle samples (which will be very powerful in combination with resampling).

2 Likes

I checked out the SoundCloud tracks under the mkii page and it has two 808 demos 1 and 2 so I hope that the new machines he was referring to were them. Plus there is a user that was selling 808 kits he designed with the rytm synths so I assumed that elektron would eventually add it when they added more machines.

these demos come from the Straight 808 sound pack, wich is available for buy @ Elektron website. (check the sound demos on the sample pack page, it is exactly the same patterns).
I own the pack and i never found that the samples really shine on the Rytm, but they are useful and fun to play with using the performance controls

1 Like

I’m very tempted by the mkII, but having bought the mkI when it first came out I’m not seeing anything that would make me sell the mkI for a significant loss at current prices and shell out the difference for the mkII if it’s mainly a mechanical upgrade - I can get a Digitakt for that same price difference and gain MIDI sequencing too.

Looks really great though. If I didn’t already have a mkI I’d have pre-ordered by now.

2 Likes

I had the same thoughts.

1 Like

Thank for the reply. I guess I was overhyped.

1 Like

WOW. Elektron, the company that keeps on giving: OTMK1 trig conditions, “free” OB and now a new AR machine! Such holiday spirit!

Thank you!

3 Likes

DVCO is the bomb! Much more than a bass synth.

16 Likes

When does it land?

4 Likes

It still has different analogue circuitry for the different voices, right? Or does the MkII allow you to load any of the available machines into all of the 8 voices?

What’s your take on the new VCO engine? Is it useable? It sounds pretty raw from Cenk’s demo, but all the same, it’s there and I’d imagine it could be quite useful.

Not sure what you mean. Haven’t had time to watch Cenk’s video yet.

He mentions something about a very spikey, two-VCO new engine. From the brief demo, it sounded suitable for raw bass tones and similar, but I’d imagine that with some clever tweaking, it can do all kinds of things.

Ah. Saw it now. Just asked Cenk - it’s not implemented in current firmware. That’s why I hadn’t noticed it.

Great idea, though!

2 Likes