Is a Rytm MK3 likely to happen the next 12 months?

:rofl: I’m all set for cables.

Gaben secret ceo of elektron confirmed

1 Like

They are going probably digital if they are up to the task

rather some sort of a4 in the syntakt domain

4 Likes

Either granular or wavetable with polyphony beyond 4 notes as a digi-sized box.

Or a Elektron DAW ecosystem.

But, who knows? :thinking:

Who can tell…

2 Likes

I still prefer the mk1 very much, so I don’t care !

2 Likes

Very nice ideas, for which on top of all i would love to see

Overhauled AD/DA , as this is clearly the weak spot of all Elektron gear. None of it got the high headroom bang like lets say the Isla or the 3d character of the OTO bimbamboum. Imagine an Octatrack with the Isla sound quality. That’s also why i am still on the fence with getting an AR again.

2 Likes

Exactly rytm mk3 was called syntakt hehe

1 Like

why do you prefer rytm MK1 over MK2?

1 Like

what do you mean? are the audio inputs of the rytm bad?

I don’t think they’re going to release any more devices using the existing platform/code, whatever we see next will be mostly redesigned I imagine, and maybe have machine plugins you can purchase. Because of the amount of work that takes, I don’t think they’ll use the existing names of old products - they carry with them too many expectations bound to disappoint. This would be a waste of development costs, especially if after all that work, people say “just get the Mk1/mk2” because of some interesting edge case features left out on the new one, ignoring new nice features - and sales are harmed. People will say it’s not as good regardless but that is an avoidable misstep and by avoiding reusing the name they can market it as the shiny totally new thing.

And if the AR name is still selling well, then no need from a business perspective to release MK3.

1 Like

It seems they’ve saved a few Euros on this by now though, they haven’t released a truly new product for years (if you think the Syntakt is a ‘compilation’ machine using existing form factor/tech, same for the AH FX…)… makes you wonder if anything is in the pipeline given that the creative R&D people left a long time ago now.

I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t imagine anything truly new is anywhere close, inc Analog Mk3’s.

I’m basing my statement on baseless rumors from “people in the know” on the forum who claim their friend who works there says Syntakt is the last Digi box and that subsequent Elektron grooveboxes will be built on the new code. Could be false but people were already irked that Syntakt was recycled - they really are due for something truly new, so I imagine there’s some truth to it. I like to think they’re taking their time to get the new things right, and sold other derivative products like Syntakt, Samples, Cycles as a stopgap. Great stuff, stopgap or not.

I want them to re-issue the mono machine & machine drum I’m pretty sure Elektron would make a lot of sales from those who were not buying these things first time around.

1 Like

analog-rytm-mk3-the-next-12-months

no.

1 Like

The main reason is the form factor. I find the MKII way too massive, and I don’t like the angled panel.
Also the MKII panel is super noisy when you hit the pad. The whole body resonates and produces a metallic mechanic noise. I hated it.
Plus I don’t care about the pad on MKI being less responsive as I don’t really play them.
Plus I don’t care about sampling external sources.

1 Like

Internal resampling is a real nice feature though. And dedicated quick Perf mode to tweak e.g. a delay feedback while opening a filter. I like this.
I miss mine a bit.

1 Like

I wish my mk1 had sampling, ngl.

way prefer the mk1 form factor tho (and price)

1 Like

I never played an MKI; when using the pads for muting/unmuting tracks etc, they are responsive enough? And I trust you mean to say there is no metallic noise when playing the MK1 pads?