Analog Rytm MK2- Missing Cal: Pads

Yes, I have exactly the same issue, the AR2 complains, but as far as I tried the pads seem to work.

I just had this Missing Cal: Pads error today, I restarted and everything seems to be ok, I also did test mode and got no errors, still, a bit disconcerting to see it on a brand new machine, running the latest OS 1.50.A

I see this once in a while at launch, starting again always remedied the blip

3 Likes

Same here, brand new machine, 1st startup sometimes with black screen, other times with missing cal pads error. Second startup solves the problem, a bit frustrating though

2 Likes

Exactly the same issue here with AR MKII brand new unit May 2020. Restart or after press any button resolves problem with “NO” key pressed too. Any ideas before sending this back to factory?

I too have just had the “MISSING CAL: PADS” error on the new AR Mk2 Black w/ firmware 1.60A, unit had been switched off overnight and when turned on it sat a little longer on a blank screen before showing the version and boot logo etc.

I restarted the device and it booted like normal but pads CH and MT looked like they had been triggered and the LEDs were fading out. It is currently still switched on and seems to be working as it should.

My unit is a little over a week old, it came with 1.60 pre-installed and so far have had no issues. I updated to 1.60A on the day it was released using the latest Elektron Transfer app on Windows.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve had the exact same issue as you on my brand new Rytm MKII, CH and MT LEDs also fade out every time I boot the machine. Have you had any issues with the pads since this happened ?

no mate, no issues at all with the pads that i’ve noticed
i have also not seen a repeat of the error message since i posted about it, but the pads glitch is there on every startup still

Well that is good news !

I just had this happen - brand new Rytm mk2 Black - I updated to latest firmware day it arrived.

I turned it on this morning and all the lights briefly flashed then nothing happened.
I waited and waited and still nothing (probs about 30 seconds). I then tapped a pad and the device began to start up, but once it finished booting I got the “Missing Cal: Pads” message appearing.

I have tried restarting and it happens like this every single time now… :frowning:

EDIT:
Okay wierd - I don’t know if related but I just tried this :open_mouth:

1. turned it off
  2. tap a pad (while it’s still off!)
  3. turn it on

Now it seems to be fine?
Is there some kind of capacitor that isn’t being discharged properly or something and requires a pad to be pressed lol??

Now I seem to be able to turn it on properly without ever tapping pad again.

Strange…

EDIT2:
Spoke too soon. It’s happening again lol

Mine does it occasionally, I just switch it off and back on without pressing pads
and it works fine… had it for over a year and still works fine, I wouldn’t stress

1 Like

Sadly my issues seem to have gone further- could be unrelated but its weird that today is the first time I’ve had this pad issue and now I see this:

1 Like

Hi all,
I got the error once but just clicked it away and never looked back. I had no hardware issues during that lengthy session. Sometimes the unit freezes, but so does my DN. I suppose it’s more of a software defect :wink:. Not planning on sending it in.

Cheers

Well all this has put me off buying one.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if i buy a second hand RYTM MK11 and have a shop receipt a few months old will it still be covered by the warranty?Or should i buy new?thanx

Yes. You just need to register it on Elektron’s website.

Thanx

Adding my experience to this discussion:

Just got a new AR2.
Day 1: booted fine, two or three times. Played with various features for an hour or so. No problem
Day 2: switched on, booting halted before anything showed on screen. Tapping a pad nudged it along and it’d boot, to the “MISSING CAL: PADS” message. I didn’t try to clear the message. It did this for two or three power cycles. Then I tried switching on, leaving it a few seconds when it got stuck at the “black screen” and then switching it off. After a couple of those cycles it booted all the way WITHOUT the “MISSING CAL: PADS” message. I could then use the machine ok for the time I had available.
Day 3: It booted ok. Not had time to use it much yet to check other features.

I’ve lodged a ticket with Electron. I’ll reply here if anything interesting turns up.

Any news?

Had mine nearly a week. Had 3 or 4 black screens on start up - hadn’t thought of pressing anything so just powered off and back on again. All seems ok?! Little disconcerting. Seems like this is a fairly common problem…

Also same as above, CH and MT LEDs fade out every time I boot the machine

Thing is, I bloody love it so far.

Oké ill give my 2 cents here.

I had an rytm MKI for many years. It’s the first machine I really really fell in love with. BUT there Where Always pad issues even after multiple times sending it back it never really got resolved and it always came back at some point.

The pad issues where my main reason to upgrade to the MKII. Get rid of the pad bullshit once and for all. That was the idea a least.

Right away at start up the MKII showed the pad error and issues. I’ve send it back to the store and asked my money back. I would recommend everyone to so the same. (this is my personal opinion).
It seems to me that once you have a bad apple you have a bad apple. Sending it back and forth for repairs also does not do good to the machine (my MKI came back with scratches, other issues and it never really fixed the issue).

Besides having this experience with a BRAND NEW MORE THAN 1300 :euro: costing machine is NOT How it should be. I’m not going through the hassle of sending it back and waiting for repairs. So I just send mine back and got my money back. I’ll probably just order a new one again soon hoping to be more Luckey then.

(although my elektron hard is still disappointed that they still did not solve this issue)

In short: if this happens to Your rytm when it’s brand new out of the box. SEND IT BACK and ask your money back. Let them deal with their faulty products. Just order a new one yourself and hope your more lucky.

Hopefully Elektron in this way will also take This problem more seriously.

This is my opinion hope it helps.

1 Like