Analog Rytm crashing

Hello I got my AR replacement, it came with 2 banks of patterns and loads of prebuild kits that the other one did not have.
I upgraded the OS and starting to Load my sample Library.
After hours of work the unit started to stop by itself,when I press any command the unit reacts few seconds later.the machine does a different thing as is suppose, behave very erratic starts, stops by itself or jump to a different pattern in the middle of the bar.
Have anybody had any similar experience, I am calling sweet water today and I am giving the last try if the machine comes bad for the 3rd time I don’t want it.

Is this a brand new unit? Two banks of patterns sounds like the starter presets. Maybe something went wrong with your sample loading. You could try starting clean, initialising the unit.

Thanks I switched the unit of and after half an hour and then started to work without glitches,like it was overheated.
wich would be very inconvenient as in my studio will be spending a lot of time on for the next year at least.
I hope that elektron did not have a faulty badge of units

Actually I was working on patterns while I was loading the same messages error that came in the previous unit came up.the dame message that electron said that the unit needed replacement.

are you repeating what you did on the old unit with the new unit? what steps are you doing exactly? are the samples you are loading the same sample files?
It seems very odd you would have the same issue on two consecutive units. It sounds to me that something is being inputted that should not be inputted. But I can only guess on the limited information available.

Ok this is what I do, go to incoming folder, create a new directory with the name of the folder of samples like 808,
then go to the folder and hit left to load in that folder the samples.
Open C6 drop all the samples and high light all the samples and send, the Loading process start one by one.
I am using wav and Aiff files of high quality.
`i notice that I can create a directory next to factory and incoming but I have not created a directory there all my samples directories are inside incoming.

Why not start with no sample loads, new clean project and see if the problem exists?

1 Like

seems more likely overheating I guess after loads of hours on can’t handle it I am going to test it again tonight to see if when it gets very hot give issues.

I keep mine on for 15 hours a day, right next to an a4 without hearing problems.
Is it particularly warm where you are?

I am on an air conditioned environment but I started the unit again and as soon it stars loading samples I can’t run a pattern as starts stops by itself and now it is straight away as soon it starts so the temperature theory is over, is operative system or some sort hardware issue

Have you ran the diagnostic yet? I haven’t have overheating issues either… Sounds like a possible hardware issue, unfortunately :sweat:

Overheating? :heat: Maybe it’s all that Analog Heat!

(sorry, absolutely couldn’t resist)

Do you have your Rytm mounted in a stand or have you put on wooden or metal end cheeks?

The Rytm has ventilation holes… are they covered up?

Also If youve screwed the Rytm into a stand, how long were the screws as they could be touching a circuit board.

1 Like

The unit is as it comes from factory I have not muounted anything, everything starting to happen after I updated to the new OS as I recall, I ran calibration after with the unit on for more than 2 hours.
How can I run diagnostics on it could not find it nowhere.
the heating theory is over as I try last night and started to do it straight away.

The turbo speed in global can not be ticked on.

I have updated the OS using MIDI as a suggestion form tech support of sweetwater and the problem persist. It only happens when I try to operate the machine while Loading Samples. I did run a test mode and came 0 errors but the unit still misbehaving.
The first unit that was sent to me crashed while loading samples and I was not doing nothing else with the unit at the same time but neve crashed while working on patterns while loading samples at the same time.
So I got a worst scenario than at the beginning.
I have already Loaded all my samples library if that is the case but I fell a bit sceptic about the reliability of this unit I uploaded a you tube video so you can check it out.

Ah by the way when iI perform test mode comes UI firmware 1.2. Does anybody know if this is the OS version because I have updated to OS1.3 and it it what it show in when is booting.
if not the case could be possible that the machine has an OS conflict?

sounds like you are doing something wrong with the sample files. But I am not familiar with what file format is preferred for rytm.

The sample import for rytm is the one thing that has stopped me grabbing one. I like to change up/add new samples often and it seems like a PITA. God knows why Elektron didn’t make it drag’n’drop like OT.

Possibly could be user error on this one if they’re wrong format etc. But in general the rytm sample transfer seems like medieval ballache if it’s something a user needs to do often.

Hope you get your issue figured out tho!

you could try something that’s not c6?

2 Likes