Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

I think it would be fair to assume some sort of upgrade will happen for Octatrack to at least make it work with Overbridge and have USB audio at a minimum. 2.5 sort of?

Hope they fixed the sticky key issuesā€¦AR is a fine sounding machine.

vintage analog synth enthusiasts actually. I Know a friend who bought 2 Juno 60s cause he knew they would go up. Less than 5 yrs later, they are now $1000 more expensive on the re-sale market

I donā€™t think so. It was heavily implied that trig conditions was really squeezing the last drops of CPU power out of the OT, and even the MK2 was primarily a cosmetic change. Adding OB would require significant hardware and software changes. IMO we can expect bugfixes at best.

3 Likes

Itā€™s impossible. Impossible for the OT to support any USB Audio (or MIDI). This is 100% fact, it does not have compatible hardware, its USB port is only technically connected to the compact flash

3 Likes

All those useless grey boxes please pm me for address to send to they will be taken care ofā€¦

7 Likes

Well, if u think about the OT mkii, itā€™s always had that individual dark grey going on. The Analogs are much lighter, so the grey OTii actually sits nicely in the middle, monochrome-wise, between the Analog Greys and Blacks. I wouldnā€™t think itā€™d be worth updating the OT to go black.

But a full black wings-style OT3 with OB, redesigned FX and a whole bunch of other whistles, well, one can dream.

1 Like

I didnā€™t specifically mean just a software upgrade. Considering they spent all that time on Overbridge I do expect them to release an updated Octatrack to work with it, which must have a hardware update as you said.

What is the sticky key issue?

They already have that. The screen is dimmed after 5 minutes of inactivity, and turns off completely after 60 minutes of inactivity.

3 Likes

If you leave the new Black version in direct sunlight long enough it may even fade back to grey. Its a win win.

Strange but true

9 Likes

Gotharmanā€™s SpazeDrum is also going to be available in black.

1 Like

This thread is about the new hardware. There are dedicated threads for the OS upgrades, and that question has already been answered.

1 Like

These look SO much better. The other ones were cool but I feel I would get tired of those flashy colours after a whileā€¦

I preordered one. My unit is going to be serial #001.

4 Likes

Indeed, but itā€™s not quite enough to reassure me about the burn-in issues that some people are having despite the current implementation. IMO a screensaver with a 5-min inactivity shutoff, DSI-style, is in order.

This got already answered by Elektron directly multiple times. Unfortunately the Octatrack hardware is not capable of either Overbridge or USB Audio.

1 Like

I had forgotten about this video, so goodā€¦

1 Like

100% agreed.

Damn, I miss hearing from that guy. :confused:

2 Likes

Fuuuuuuuā€¦sick! :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

1 Like