Analog Keys Feature Requests

when the performance (macro) control is set to ‘bipolar’ I would love to see a -63 - 0 - +63 values in stead of 0-127

2 Likes

WIFI interface and Overbridge for iPad.

Oh man, sub osc level sounds amazing especially if it can be lfo’d!

I posted already but really surprised to still not find a ‘normal’ rotary response curve option. All the other user suggestions would be great too and add creative options etc. But the knob response curve really stops me enjoying the basic AK UI. Everything else is great but both the ‘precise’ knob response curves and ‘push encoder’ make me feel detached, like im tweaking either via 56kbs dial-up or on steppy ffwd. Should be pretty easy to add a ‘normal knobs’ option surely??

+1 for pattern playback direction

1 Like

Keytrack as a mod source, … but it needs to be attenuable and not just 1v/octave.

1 Like

I was a bit surprised there is no Keyboard scaling as a modulator seeing as how the AKeys is so deep. I really need this function to tame the volume as I play higher up the keyboard. Quite often the perceived increase in level as we play up the keyboard is too much. Really need that functionality.

I’m not sure if there’s a way of moving all trigs in a pattern forward at the same time or not (I’m talking ‘Microtiming’ not just shifting a step). I bought the Octatrack with my AKeys and I find the lack of this ability quite annoying really. Producers absolutely NEED this function!

I agree that not being able to record Joystick tweaks into the sequencer was another big disappointment for me. I can see how this might be not possible as it is but if there was some way to maybe convert this to parameter trigs it would be fantastic.

These machines are really cool, I love em, if Elektron could give us these tweaks to the system updates they would be perfect devices. They’re damn close already.

Anyone know if Elektron have any update plans soon?

2 Likes

If you download the latest firmware, you will also get a PDF document that includes a list of all the changes made during each firmware revision.

When a new version of the firmware that has new features is released (when the firmware version has a new number), Elektron usually updates the manual on their website, so downloading the new manual gives you a ‘complete’ description of all the instrument’s features.

3 Likes

Microtuning - it would be cool) elektron could add this to transpose mode! At least the ability to use the scales (scala format) within 12 notes ! And to be able to morphing between 2-3 scale (with the help of Pitchband for example).

2 Likes

Different from fine tune?

I guess it could be achieve by p-locking the fine tune, but that’s pretty tedious compared to being able to just load a different tuning into the keyboard.

DSI synths now support alternate tunings and it would be really cool if the A4/AK could as well :slight_smile:

I’m confused. You can adjust the fine tune for the entire track and play a scale in between the chromatics. What are you talking about?

Like a different fine tune level for each note? Surely this should be able to be done with a midi controller? No?

Edit 2: ahhh for Keys. That would be cool

And how can I get such a scales?

You can adjust the fine tune for the entire track, but the interval between notes will still be chromatic. The point of alternate tunings is to have different intervals between the notes than is given in the commonly used 12-tone equally-tempered tuning.

1 Like

I realized that after a bit of musing. That, indeed would be very cool and I would love to you around with that

One thing you can do that takes some initial prep:

Copy a patch and fill the soundpool, with the tuning adjustment increasing for each patch copy. Then use multimode to spread the soundpool across the keys.

Not sure how that would transpose and stuff, just a neat trick I guess.

Certainly possible, but then if I wanted to tweak the patch in any way I’d have to edit all the copies again. And never mind switching tunings… ugh.

I’d love to see a 1st note/low note priority as an option when configuring the polyphony on the AK. When messing around, looking for new melodies, or just jamming, I use 1 note/voice in the lower octaves, as the bass if you will, and the remaining 3 voices doing both chords and random messing about. This is usually not an issue, but on the AK it’ll cut that low note (I’m holding) if I play anything other then twinkle little star. At any bpm over…10. It’s just getting on my nerves at this point. I think adding a voice stealing algo akin to say Korg Minilogue would be welcome for a lot of key players.

Speaking of ML, a more flexible velocity curve setup would be great to have on the AK as well. The sounds that the A4/AK can produce deserves a bit more attention here. The 3 curves that are available works for some playing styles. If you want/need to get really expressive with your playing on the AK, meaning being able to use and control the entire velocity range from 1-127 without it making huge jumps all over, it’s just not possible. This is from the Minilogue manual, I’m not saying 8 curves are needed, but definitely more then the 3 available. Another alternative is adding an offset parameter, akin to Rolands stuff, that allows you to “tune” the existing curves in negative or positive values, to fit your playing style more.

1 Like

A duophonic mode, is that something that’s a possibility down the road, Elektron? Take a look at the duophonic modes on this mono synth. Being able to jam on the Keys with 2 notes (duo-paraphonic) while still using only 1 of the 4 available voices would open up a lot of doors me thinks. It would also make entering chords into the sequencer faster (as opposed to change the pitch for the OSCs with the knobs/menu on a given sequencer step). Pretty please, Elektron? :slight_smile:

Edit: I know the below synth have 2 AMP envelopes, I’m talking about a duo-paraphonic mode, akin to the Sub37 (unless of course adding a 2nd AMP env is possible on the A4/AK:)

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll update my list:

• 100% necessary update: Tempo set per pattern
  • Really desirable: more envelope curves

I’m guessing both are doable, hope you guys at Elektron make it happen!