Analog Keys Feature Requests

Hey,

I’ve been using the Analog Keys for quite some time now in the studio and on stage, for a various array of projects.

Here are my 2 questions/request :

• Why should I press “midi ext” again to exit this mode if I want to select the internal tracks? I’d rather have the swith automatically made once I press a track button.

• Switching to FX track toggles grid recording mode off. Why ?

It relates to the fact that the initial selection of the FX track is only half selecting it, it still allows you to play keys on the track you left, it takes two presses to enter FX track properly … that’s the why, now whether it is entirely intentional i don’t know

Not the last time I tried it. Empty patterns always default to 16 steps until they have a trig in them. If you set an empty pattern to be 64 steps, it will revert to 16 steps if you switch to another pattern and then switch back, which is annoying when you want to make a long chain and realtime record a longer sequence. What you have to do is place at least one trig in every pattern before recording if you want to set up a chain of 64 step patterns for a realtime record.

A single ‘blank’ trig in the FX track in each pattern should do this, though.

I’m glad you rephrased (edited) your previous assertion, but you’re still wrong, i’ve just retried/reconfirmed and i can easily set a chain of three empty patterns after i lengthen them all to 4 bars (without adding trigs)

assuming we’re on the same page that is :okej:

I’ll try this later, then. Maybe they’ve changed it in a recent update. It certainly wasn’t working like that at the start of the year.

That depends on which OS you then had access to :wink:

I just tried, and they have changed it! Amazing stuff. Sorry for doubting you, Avantonica. :slight_smile:

I would really like osc -> osc fm.
Mod matrix if possible.

Would allow for the machine to get into new territory of complex and noisy. :slight_smile:

Hi all!

I’m an analog 4/K user from france

the main feature that i really would like to see in a OS update is a “a la blueArp, Cream, Cthulhu” Pattern based Arpeggiator
For those who don’t know those dope plugins, here’s a short exemple of what it can do :
You can set a ordered note number for each step. Let’s say you want your arpeggio pattern to be irregular, you just set a 1/3/1/2/3/2/1/3 value, then you play a chord (Let’s say a A min) arpeggiator will now play a A/E/A/D/E/D/A/E pattern.
With that you can play any chord, 1 always be the lowest note of the cord, 2 the seconde lowest and so on…

As i know there’s no hardware synth/sequencer with this feature even if it’s a game changer

Ps: Sorry for my english…

+1 For the Knob response curve options

1 Like

I should clarify. I often use quick melodic runs and ‘flams’ (think bocuma from music has the right) and I can never get these into the sequencer using live record. I guess that’s maybe a problem inherent to sequencers though… Anyone else experience this?

The Elektron sequencers are essentially step sequencers and restrict the sequence to 16 steps per sequencer page. Some other sequencers, hardware and software, allow higher resolution recording.

Thanks Peter, yeah I figured as much. I’ve tried plugging in such runs manually with heavy use of micro timing settings but no luck. I guess some lines are best left to the performer. :slight_smile:
Still, would be nice to get more flexibility with note timing even if I’m limited to 16 trigs per page.

1 Like

yeah great idea, a mod matrix via over bridge would be great

i’d love to see a hardware modular break out box like the moog voyager or lancet

can think of anything the a4 needs now - FM is fab, conditional triggs have just blown my mind and are stunning, so logical

maybe a conditional triggs sound pack

4 more voices isnt to much to ask, is it? ha:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Having the sequencer capture the joystick and after touch would be great, I do understand that might potentially mean recording a whole lot of parameters since every axis on the joystick can have 5 different parameters, same with the after touch. But how about a compromise where you are given a choice which parameters it should record, or just keep it basic and have it record pitch bend and CC 1 (regardless if it comes from the joystick or after touch). Quantized or not.

It would make the Keys being more in line with the description that the old site had on the Keys product page, about the sequencer and the new expressiveness of the Keys being in perfect harmony (something like that).

One can always record the parameter changes “manually” so to speak, but I just feel that being able to record at least 1 or 2 parameter changes from either joystick or AT would add a lot to the Keys.

Someone mentioned a paraphonic mode. That would be amazing as well, being able to split the 2 oscs into a 2 note paraphonic mode per track, akin to the Sub37. If nothing else it would make recording chords live a lot easier (and more fun). Would prolly also give it a big boost in the marketing department, not that it needs it though. :slight_smile:

The joystick have a push action, just like the knobs, does it do anything right now? Maybe that could be used to latch the joystick position.

Looking at the big picture tho, I couldn’t really be THAT much happier with this synth. Absolutely loving it. :slight_smile:

The option of override the length of patterns in a chain/song (on a chain position base). It would be a nice feature on all Elektron gears.

Its on the MnM, but for some unknown reason Elektron see fit to DROP useful features from their old gear.

That is my only wish for the Joystick. Unless I have missed something in the manual, see nothing about the use of that push button and it mocks me all the time:smiling_imp:

Sorry, didn’t noticed you answer me, I’m not quite active on the forum hahaha, didn’t know this was improved, I’ll try today, this would be very useful to me

regards

If sub OSC level is a no-no, then there’s only one feature missing in the A4/AK:
Tempo set per pattern

1 Like