Analog Keys Feature Requests

many good ideas here …

I have got my AK less than a week now and have missed the following:

1. setting the level of the sub osc. I often use subs only a little to thicken up the sound from the bottom rather to switch them on/off.

2. time multiplier per track like I have it on the Octatrack. This is very handy for slow evolving pads at 1/2 or 1/4 Speed layered with more speedy lead or bass tracks.

It would be appreciated if the following would be available:

1. Midi out from the sequencer and arp. Doesn’t need to be the full info of the Track, but at least the note/note-length/velocity/aftertouch and selected CCs

And it would be absolutely great:

1. new waveforms … if possible. I love this Transistor Pulse. It makes quite a difference to my other analog synths. If there could be more … :slight_smile:

This is probably asking too much! I’ve been making a load of presets lately and quite often I kept hitting a limit when it came to LFO’s, there was moments when I thought an extra LFO or two to modulate a certain parameter in the patch would of been perfect. Would there be a way Elektron could add an option to utilise LFO’s from the other tracks by changing some settings or is the architecture laid out in a specific way that would make this impossible? Can never have too many LFO’s!!

Sending MIDI out from the sequencer would make the AK the central piece of my setup. Because of this, I need to use my computer command my analog drum (DRM1). Those 2 machines would suffice for a live setup!

Basic Midi Out from the sequencer would be a real game changer for my. I keep running in to all these little stumbling blocks in my compositions because of the lack of this feature. Please add!

All I’d need is:

note/note-length/velocity/aftertouch and selected CCs

The Analog Keys would be a dream machine if I could just sent midi from the sequencer every once in a while.

Midi out from the sequencer is the main one for me too

I agree about midi out and they AK wanting to be the center of my studio.
There is no OctaKeys after all.
It is such a painful limitation for me that I will probably sell it soon and replace it with a Sub37 or DSI keyboard.

I don’t get why it’s such a limitation, it isn’t like the sequencer is particularly powerful when divorced from the synth engine. It can’t even run its patterns at different clock rates. But yeah, sell it if this disappointment is crushing the musical life out of ya.

A lot of the requests in this thread could be fulfilled by adding a mod matrix.

Please note that I strongly prefer Elektron’s approach of assigning modulation targets directly from the ENV and LFO modulator pages over the Waldorfian “do everything through the mod matrix” style of working.

However, mod matrixes are great for subtle stuff like adding key tracking to uncommon parameters, or for creating crazy complex operator-based modulation.

Instead of adding a full mod-matrix, another —maybe more Elektronish— way of getting here might be to allow choosing modulation sources like note number, velocity, aftertouch, but also LFOs and ENVs as sources for the performance macros.

I would like to have a dedicated waveshaper as an additional effect or in the analog audio path.

AFAIK the distortion in the filter section does clipping, if turned clockwise out of center position. But I would like to have one ore two more options to generate grittier sounds directly out of the box without the help of a second track (via OSC2-N and a second distortion) or outboard equipment.

@ Elektron: Would this be feasable from a technical point of view?

Huge +1 for seq and arp midi out!
-I would really like to be able to pan the different voices on a polyphonic sound … right now everything voices follow the track’s panning unless you set the use track sounds and pan the 4 tracks individually witch is not convenient at all

I read that someone suggested effect chain presets. This would be cool but also what would be great is:

- Performance macro presets.

It took me ages to copy and and paste the ones I like across the kits I use. It’d be great to be able to tweak them and then update all the macros across several kits.

Mixing and matching quickly would also be a nice way to accidentally discover new sounds.

Better performance capture in live record mode.

When in menus (sound config, kit config etc) it feels very unnecessary to have to press no, no to get out of it.

You should be able to just press osc, lfo, perf, arp, whatever, and be taken there directly.

Now when you press those, the respective screens are loaded in the background, but you still have to press no, no to get there.

Any reason for making it behave like this, or is this a tweak that could be done?

Another suggestion in the same lane, is having function+osc1 take you to the sound menu (like is does per now), while function+osc2 - lfo would take you to velocity mod to aftertouch (there are five buttons left after osc1, and five modulation screens, so it would match up perfectly).

This would enhance the sound design experience, and make it more robust in the competition with more knobby units.

I hope Elektron people take notice of this, because it would smoothen the experience by a lot, and make the unit feel a lot less menu’y.

Press the same combo that got you in there initially !

When I’m adjusting the Quantize values per channel on my AK; There are two rotary controllers next to the global and track values. But, only one is functional. So I have to shift up and down. Could both rotary controllers be active?

After saving a project, can the display return to the song I’m working on rather than remaining on the save page?

And the obvious request of midi out on the sequencer (repeated request). I bought Modstep. But I’d rather use the AK!

A lot of good ideas in here. Some/all of these are repeating others requests but still…would really be great if elektron took note and stepped it up on the AK. In some ways it’s seems kind of lazy from them and they just put a huge case around the a4 guts/os. A shame not to make the most of the hardware…

Joystick -options for ‘latch joystick position’. And the much requested record movements to sequencer.

Performance macros - option to record to sequencer.

Arpeggiators - more creative preset arpeggio patterns and ability to store/share user arpeggios in a bank/library for audition/use in other projects/tracks etc. Sunrizer on Ipad is excellent in this regard.

Snapshots/morphing - ability to take a snapshot of full patch parameter settings and assign that snapshot to macro/joystick. Then morph between 2 patches with one macro (or joystick). Again Sunrizer on Ipad does this pretty nicely with its a/b slider. Seems quite a common feature out there and would be killer on AK.

Knob response curve options - often ‘finetune’ is too slow and takes forever and pressing down the knob is too steppy. Most of the time I just want it to feel expressive like a normal knob rotation of all other synths :confused: filter and performance macros especially… Global options for the rate/behavior of knob response variations would be great…

Added fx. Some more creative digital filters (formant, resonator, comb etc) would be soooooo useful… And if they can port across the spring reverb and lo-fi effects from OT I’d be a very happy man…

It seems the more we have , the less happy we are, we only want more, to be become more hungry faster, and dream of more again, an endless road. If we would at least have the courage to admit that and not blaim in on others

It seems the more we have , the less happy we are, we only want more, to be become more hungry faster, and dream of more again, an endless road. If we would at least have the courage to admit that and not blaim in on others [/quote]
Kinda know what you mean but wasted opportunity just bugs me sometimes. Not blaming anyone for anything and I’m way happier having AK than not… It’s an amazing synth but nothing is perfect, just saying :wink:

Dunno if you have talked about this here, but it would be very interesting to improve my workflow if the way to work chains pattern is improved.
I would like to string together 2, 3 empty patterns to 4 bars each, which so far is impossible to do actually :frowning:

Are you sure it doesn’t work ? … working here !