Analog Keys Feature Requests

yea, it’s the midi ports. different pins. very easy diy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_sync

@avantronica
yeah dividers at or slower than clock would be my ideal as well. with modulars being more popular i think a lot of people would get use out of different timing options and a “clock based gate output” would be a good selling point/competition to the pro2. :imp: i guess the tricky thing is how to display it? or maybe how they implemented it it would be hard to throw out those extra pulses.

it’s already cool to do 24 and 48 into clock dividers along side gate out from the cv side though. :slight_smile:

what i do sometimes also is use a cv gate out into a switch that the din sync goes into and you can get cool little burst fills whenever. i guess it’d be like triplets?

paraphony

Basically set dital multivoice so that chords can be played without eating up voices.

Also, please add supersaws :stuck_out_tongue:

+1000 for probabilities, not just on trigs but on LFO’s as well (which maybe could be dealt with through trig locks I suppose)
Pattern direction is a good one as well… can get a lot more of the 4 bars if you could reverse the direction now and then.

modular pin breakout box for the analog4
or user waves uploads

For the CV tracks: some mapping of velocity so that the accent track can be used also

Sequencer to allow further divisions beyond 64/64 (128/256, etc.) or the ability to have tracks have independent resolutions, e.g. track 1 is a pad @ 1/2 track 2 a bass @ 1 and track 3 drums @ 2x.

Kindof difficult to have a long pad under 32nd note bass line and drums. That whole roland scale pattern chain to get higher res is has always been a bummer.

I realize the sequencer is supposed to be pattern based, but just a bit more room would open up a bunch.

Along the same lines: ability to fire a trigger once: for drones, fx and rolls

probability +1

also all the above joystick ideas +1

i would love to see sidechain inputs as a mod source. envelope follower stuff. with inverted curves & various responses.

it would be great if there were at least 2 of these per track of these to get really creative.

this would be amazing coming from all the other tracks in polyrhythmic madness mode with each track affecting others dynamically, but with the kick & snare from track 1 having different responses filtering the bassline on track 2 in wondrous ways.

The Analog Keys is an awesome keyboard o start with. All the feature requests I can think of were previously listed by the community. Below are the feature requests that I would find the most useful:

+1 on keyboard tracking of the LFO speed. It would be really key to push FM synthesis further on the AK

+1 on midi out for the sequencer, and the arp, which is a must-have on a keyboard of that range

As I sometimes struggle to remember all musical scales, a helper feature to help me learn them would be nice.

What I mean is that if I choose a scale (say F minor) for the track, the leds in front of the keys belonging to that scale would be half-lit in order to help me remember what keys belong to the scale I want my track to be in.

To make a bigger variety of FM sounds implement please

-Lin FM on the Oscillators
-Lin FM on the Filters

so that I can modulate a frequency of a sound source with another sound source (for example the sine of the self oscillating filter two is modulated by Osc1 but I do not hear Osc 1, only the modulated sinetone, to make a bell sound for example. I know I can do modulation in audiofreq range with the lfo but playing notes is not so easy with this approach as I have to adjust lfo speed with Plocks for each note sequenced to have the correct result. And since I cannot hear the LFO I cannot simply play it first)

-Correct octave tracking on filter 1
-scales like Werkmeister III or pythagorean as a global option

Full Microtuning support please! Ideally with ability to edit tunings on the fly. Would be amazing. Tunings as a kit parameter would be best. I would settle as a global per-project setting though.

2 Likes

I had a similar idea tom.
Instead of the normal keytrack nob have an equal temperament nob from 0 to 24.

0 is no keytrack
1 is one note per octave, split 12 ways
12 is normal 12 notes per octave
24 give us quarter tones
Everything in between is harmonic gold as we’ve never heard before.

On a side note, why can’t the length be set per page? Changing the length of tracks by page makes creating songs with different meter much more simple.

I also wonder if the osc of each track can be panned separately and if LFOs and Envelopes of one track could affect the parameters of another track. This would give us infinitely more possibilities to the already unlimited possibilities!

I think features like these are easy to implement and would set the Analog Keys miles ahead of other synths.

Is a physical circuit limitation to these features or are they all one mythical OS update away?

i’d like to see:

• parameter lock for arpeggiator parameters, especially the arp speed / range. i love tweaking those settings in realtime, and parameter locking would be super useful
  • different clock divisions for each sequencer track
  • filter routing / bypassing would be nice, e.g. osc1 bypasses the filter while osc2 goes through the filters
  • when entering notes in step sequencer mode (press step and play a key), the velocity and maybe even the note length should be recorded. This would allow to create much more human sounding sequences very quickly
  • Keytrack as mod source, e.g. to shorten the envelopes for high notes
  • adjustable level of the sub osc
1 Like
  • filter routine
  • Keytrack Mod. S.
  • Sub osc Lev. +++ free pitch Sub Osc
    — LFO 2 as Mod. destination

MOST of all - Punch in - out Live recording ( with a pedal - so i think impossible )

that’s a No no No i’m afraid !

Wel i’m very happy with wath this instrument CAN do. I fly with them. And the limits invite me to be creative.

• perfect keytrack with consideration of pitchbend and portamento

“Wet Only” for external inputs on the FX channel. I would love to use the FX from a mixer’s aux sends.

I think a lot of times a high resonance sound works best in a certain range, and when playing it a few octaves up the resonance and frequency can be threatening to both ears and speakers. I would appreciate a resonance and frequency roll off parameter.

+1 for key tracking the LFO’s
… and for a lot of other stuff :slight_smile: