Analog Heat

Yeah. Sometimes i create bridge with REWIRE and Mixing on the fly. When it start to Overload sometimes i drop Ableton and finish where i see the track to be finished based on what i need for the different processing.

I use whatever i like, whenever it is locating.
Probably also because i learnt tips and tricks and as i know how to do it here or there i simply make it inside the software i learnt

2 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for sharing your workflow and philosophy with me!

2 Likes

u welcome. I also kept every big decision i make in a project as STEP. Every Midi file, Preset, Groove, template, Impulse response, refill, sysex, hardware sheet program on a Track Basis.

If i loose something i always able to reboot the project here or there in few minutes (software, hardware or both)

@Ryan Thereā€™s something interesting also with environment and creativity. Sometimes switching it gives yourself a boost, same principle is applied on physical environment. So to be able to working at the hotel, in the nature, in a dedicated room, in a public place can help ā€¦ observe people passing etcā€¦ make a pause and listening silence, birds drinking something and coming back to the projectā€¦

2 Likes

Ugh! @William_WiLD as if I didnā€™t have ENOUGH reasons to go in on a laptop! Might have to downgrade my hardware setup and switch over to Laptop, Ableton Push 2 and a A4/MDUW rig(I know AR might make more sense, but the MDUW is just so pretty sounding and itā€™s the box i JUST bought a couple months ago!)

2 Likes

In any case at least to me on how i work, Hardware gives me Focus, Strong Low End and Liberty & restrictions + Live Setup. Software gives me only Mixing-Finnish a track > to production release and New technology to experiment with + Audio Editing / Batch sample and C6

2 Likes

Without going to the whole thread, is it possible to use it as an audio interface without OB?

@Noisebuddy See Overbridge like Drivers Install setup. You can forget it then and use it as a soundcard like every other soundcard

2 Likes

OK ā€¦ i did it, i bought the AH! 2017 will be a distorted madness :heat:

4 Likes

Holly sh#t!!! I cry out loud!!! What a fantastic peace of equipment! The coloration is awesome!!

i just used it on the sum! like silk!!

Everything is more forward, more depth ā€¦ oh man

:heat:

4 Likes

:joy:

i canā€™t believeā€¦

i tell you what, the price is justified

i run the same sequence over and over again thru this machine

RADIAS > OT > AH > HEADPHONES (iā€™m at another place, so only the OT and the Radias and no monitors)

3 Likes

Ha Ha, I love your enthusiasm, I do agree the Heat does make a difference, Iā€™m going to buy a second one soonish :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Impressed by Heat but damn

Did you (or does anyone else) end up getting two analog heats?

Iā€™m REALLY into mine, but I find myself wanting to use different types of distortion on my A4 vs. the OT. I think using two would be fun, but I"m also wondering if they end up clashing. Would really like to hear examples of two heats.

1 Like

The artist ā€œHeadless Horsemanā€ was rocking two heats, if Iā€™m not mistaken(could be more, actually)

YouTube it.

2 Likes

Thanks. I was only able to find things that show he likes the heat :slight_smile: but nothing about multiple ones :confused:

If you want two, get two.

I would say, just like any other mixing, the frequency bands are what could clash. Good thing the Heat has EQ. Go for it!

2 Likes

dataline uses 2 heats in some of his previous demos as well

2 Likes

if i could afford it, i would totally get two - one for enhancing and one for destroying, simple.

and then when you want two things rough, youā€™ve got two boxes