Analog Heat

The magic of video. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Cā€™mon man, you KNOW itā€™s ready!

It wasnā€™t said in the video, but was mentioned by an Elektron employee on here a while back

1 Like

:heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat:

5 Likes

Got my AH last saturday despite being not that excited about it initially, but indeed this thing sounds great and is a lot of fun to play around with. It would be great to get some heads up regarding OB availability, though. Anyone else lurking here expecting it to drop today? If my memory serves me right, in the past some software updates were released on Fridays, right?

1 Like

I would love that, but doubt it immensely.

yes, a status update would be helpfull. Im just waiting for OB before upgrading to sierra, its the last software on my mac that does not support the new macOS and keeps me from updateing.

1 Like

I updated to Sierra last weekend, overbridge is working fine for me. I followed the suggestions on the other Sierra re running terminal commands. No problems with sierra otherwise (yet), actually seems to have sorted out a couple of issues I was having with other software.

1 Like

I tried ob on a second system I have with sierra running, but I had no luck, even with the hacks suggested in that forum topic. So Ill wait until its official.

Itā€™s worth mentioning that iZotopeā€™s Trash 2 distortion/filter plug is on sale for $30 (or lessā€¦shop around) for a few more days. Maybe not quite the same as the AH, but itā€™s cheap and might hold the Heat owners over until OB works, or it might convince some of the benefit of an analog distortion/filter/compression deviceā€¦

2 Likes

Hey all, 2 hours from buying one. I know overbridge doesnt work for it but is it still usable as a soundcard? I wont be able to use it unless I can use it as one as its initially just for my new laptop. Cheers!

Nope, without Overbridge no soundcard functionality.

1 Like

I got the call a few minutes ago that my Analog Heat has shipped today.

Iā€™m excited but REALLY want that Overbridge update to land now. Hopefully with Sierra capability too. I was kind of surprised that the Heat wonā€™t work as a sound card until that drops. The GUI in the Sonic State video looked great.

Well it sounds awesome without :slight_smile: But yes, it canā€™t drop any sooner for me.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the consensus on the Heat? Worth the bucks or a one trick pony?

Iā€™ve only had a few hours on the extreme settings and not used it with my other Elektron gear due to not wanting to rewire everything because of OB. But it makes my Reon Driftbox sound like a portal to hell.

1 Like

Thanks. Really not sure if it will be better than my soundtoys ā€¦ toys :slight_smile:

Havenā€™t heard the Heat but my opinion is if you are working ITB itā€™s not worth it as so many good options available anyway e.g. Soundtoys
If OTB great option to process external gear.

1 Like

Anyone in Canada managed to snag an AH yet?

Yes, this is my thinking too. ā€¦ And yet. Have never been so on the fence about a piece of gear before.