Analog Heat

got to use the heat in a live setting this past weekend. i was very impressed with the heat in the studio, on the master bus. on a big system really loud it sounded friggin amazing too. twice in the show i got crazy with the distortion and filters… it was awesome, but mostly just used my static preset. anyway, i’d say the heat is great, im just dying to get it on channels in a DAW situation. i feel like during tracking is where the heat will really be able to change the game. tweaking for each sound and bouncing them down… not patiently waiting.

1 Like

Had a brief go on a friend’s AH. Half hour session. Confirmed my guesswork on it. Great unit for live/OTB/hands on. Probably going to grab one next year for those reasons. Don’t think I’ll use it via overbridge though when I’m mixing etc. None of the sounds I got really blew me away compared to plugins and id probably rather just use it on the way in to Daw. Post-tracking I’ll still use plugins for the convenience/flexibility/multiple instance. Maybe that’s just me being lazy/impatient in mixing situation though… I tend to have sessions with 40+ tracks. If I was writing more minimal stuff I guess I might feel different.

1 Like

Does it have any edge soundwise over something like Fabfilter Saturn?

Didn’t A/B but didn’t feel necessarily ‘better’ in little time I had, possibly ‘different’ tho. When I grab one and have it in home environment it’ll be easier to compare.

Arrrrrrgh, why no 3mm holes? Only just realised and I been out to buy a bracket to plonk it in to my setup :frowning:

i had a dream last night the AH was a bassline box, as well as all the other functions. and i was like maaaan im in ! it sounded huge… haha

it indeed is…

Me too… The more i use it the more i want to use it anywhere hahaha and now OB missing a lot to me
Rather to plug, record, unplug - plug, record, agaiiiiiinnnnnn

1 Like

There was an Elektron tweet yesterday saying it was “nigh”, whatever that means in their lingo.

very close to be ready (i google translate it) = Nigh

I got an early xmas present from my wife…the Valhalla DSP plugin suite! So now I can’t wait for OB, the new sounds will be crazy!

She not choose for you… isn’t it ? she now Valhalla DSP ?? if yes that’s chance you have, she’s in the music too ? :slight_smile:

The beta is out for testing now. I know that much.

1 Like

testing by who?

Our beta testers (and our team) are testing Overbridge for Heat (and Sierra, Windows 10.1 compatibility)
So far it looks very promising. Sorry for the long wait, but I think it will be worth it!

11 Likes

I might have helped her find it a little bit :wink:

1 Like

This is what I like to hear. Thank you for the quick heads up Simon.

1 Like

Perhaps what you saw was an Abstrakt Avalon sitting beside the :heat: in the swirling mist of your dream state. :content:

Does it provide support “only” for AH, or will the other gears also get something new? :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean exactly, but Overbridge will be compatible with OS X 10.12 / Windows 10.1 when using any of the machines. No added features to the firmwares however.

1 Like