Analog Heat

Very good video

5 Likes

Very cool. Sounds great. Would love to see someone do something like this and at the same time compare it to the best saturation/distortion plugins. Iā€™m still on the fence feeling like itā€™s a luxury item for my own needs/situation but if itā€™s proven to sound noticeably better/offer alternative stuff than plugins then that could change pretty fast.

Hmmmmm ā€¦ I was going to wait until mid-2017 for this one, mainly because I wanted to be certain that Overbridge works out on it ā€¦ but ā€¦ Black Friday? A nice discount and Iā€™ll definitely pull the trigger.

What this thing does to the MD is insane! Cannot wait for the OB update to drop, that will be the happiest day of my sad life.

1 Like

Friend of mine just grabbed one. Interested to check it out at weekend.

It really does transform whatever goes through it, particularly the round fuzz and mid drive circuits. The envelope follower and LFO turn it into a sort of hybrid effect/instrument. Itā€™s a great deal of fun and very inspiring. And I was pretty skeptical, thinking I may as well get one while I can, but will probably flip it. Definitely wonā€™t flip it.

Funny sometimes i really like the clean sound of the 80ā€™s :smile_cat:

1 Like

Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere. But can the inputs of the Heat be processed independently ?

I mean one effect on the Left channel and another on the Right and then output to their respective channels. Or is it just one single effect split over a stereo pair ??

Yes, sadly.

Ok. Well that was a missed opportunity.

At least, so far. Maybe separate L/R controls could be added in a future update.

For now, at least there is the FRQPAN parameter in the filter that allows differential cutoff frequency between the two channels, and is a target for MIDI CC messages, CV input, and internal modulation.

1 Like

year but all other better chains will costs a lot more like api, manley, tubetechā€¦

1 Like

Elektron, when will Overbridge work with the Analog Heat?

2 Likes

Just try to forget about it and it will drop one day.

Iā€™m just waiting on them to drop Analog Cool so I can end the world with Fire & Ice

2 Likes

Lol that would probably be idea for the programming gurus at Elektron, but to me Overbridge is their biggest selling point and Iā€™m quite sure more potential/owners are awaiting the update. Please donā€™t misconstrue my initial comment as a complaint, but rather a genuine request for transparency!

I am kind of annoyed the OB update isnā€™t out yet when it clearly works as Cenk demoed it on the Sonicstate vid. I am assuming the holdup has more to do with the MAC OS Sierra compatibility as it was said they were tying these releases in together.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ I am going to checkout that video again. I mustā€™ve missed that detail as I skimmed through. Conversely, the Overbridge concept is a good idea that other hardware effect/processing manufacturers should adopt. Imagine connecting a Chandler Limited TG Microphone Cassette or even a Warm WA76 with an Overbridge technology! You can remain in the box and get an out of the box sound without having to plug in 1/4 inch cables! I think that will be the next step for analog summing within the box. What do you think? I never thought about it like this until I read someoneā€™s post in an Analog Heat discussion on Gear Slutzā€¦ it makes sense.

Yep, waiting to buy it until OB is out and confirmed to work as thatā€™s the only way Iā€™ll use it in my setup. A year or so ago I probably wouldā€™ve pulled the trigger by now, but Iā€™ve seen enough of Elektronā€™s OB related delays and lack of response to inquires on timelines to know that itā€™s not beyond the realm of possibility that it may not be ready for ages. Hoping thatā€™s not the case, but it is possible despite claims of ā€œvery soonā€.

1 Like

This. I canā€™t factor in OB or the ability to use the AH as a sound card if it isnā€™t there. People can get excited for all types of ideas/possibilities as much as they want I guess. I prefer knowing solid timelines.

1 Like