Analog Heat

Yeah. This. :arrow_double_up:

2 Likes

My first impression is it’s “a sonic beauty and beast” ! As every processor you need to clearly “manage” the signal inputs to master outs (and all in between Drive, Wet Level, Dry/Wet) I tend to be on settings Medium for input sensitivity with signal coming not at maximum if it’s elektron devices (same for the others) and i get something nice. Same like a compressor you need to compare what it is comparable : a signal bypassed and a signal processed at the same level in dB otherwise it’s just act like a gain. I really like the Drive in Filter/EQ stage… Also a low cut on the sound or machines before to going in the HEAT produce a more punchy sound at the end. (i have great result with a 20-30hZ low cut and then the HEAT)

I do see it perfectly well acting as a soundcard when overbridge will be ready. Now OT through the AH sit very well side by side to the Analog Beast AR and A4, it’s output are WARMTH as HELL ! THANKS for THAT Dark Trinity match better sonically together it make sense also in that way !

It’s addictive also i would say to… so bear in mind that and pay attention to be gentle. And also one thing i notice is i like more than Clean boost and enhancement. I like every eight different stereo analog distortion… depends on the materials you affect it each have is own character and are really enjoyable to my ears in real. I don’t feel the same with demo and video but when you are through it’s really pleasant.

Honestly i’m very happy it really worth the price if you know how to shape sound, mixing sound so if you haven’t skills in that territory you could misunderstanding what this device can really ADD. I was looking for master shaper for my live and to me that’s PERFECT.

I will also use it as a processing and creative on more focused parts or sound design on materials not only on my Live master chain. There’s no limiter inside but hey LIMIT Yourself manually :slight_smile:

7 Likes

and dont forget that the env can also trigger the lfo, and when you set up the lfo for just one runthrough, it can act as a form of a second envelope. so its very flexible…

3 Likes

Hmmm I wonder what that is …

5 Likes

After 3 days of testing with all different sources i have to say:

people, before buying a new synth, get this.

fantastic tool !!!

4 Likes

A nice vintage keyboard in the back? :grin:

1 Like

Cool that you’re buzzing on it :slight_smile: If you don’t mind me asking, what were you using for distortion/saturation prior to grabbing AH?

I could not agree more, all the gear you have will get a second character

4 Likes

Had the decks running through it on a send into a vsr spring and back. Heavy. A good way of learning to be subtle too because mastered tracks really push it. Plus it meant I could just dive in without having to play anything.
the eq seems really nice and surprisingly subtle on certain settings and boost doesn’t ever seem to push too far even with full tracks. I was using clean boost and enhance quite a bit for some less intense heat.

I’m finding the low input setting nice as even at max drive it’s still not total destruction.

On another note, Build is solid and the knobs are tight with a good resistance and perhaps most importantly the paint job is tidy. :sunny:

Mine should arrive tomorrow. Has anyone got any feedback on what it’s like with the :elmd: or :elmm: ?

1 Like

I agree. I have a Volca beats, and I never really enjoyed its sound (I hate the sound of the snare for example). Plugged in 5 min ago into the Heat. I can’t believe its the same machine :slight_smile:
I played with the filter and the enveloppe, it’s crazy… I would now like to feed in with almost everything just to hear what it could sound like. Nice one, Elektron!

2 Likes

exactly!

1 Like

“If you don’t mind me asking, what were you using for distortion/saturation prior to grabbing AH?”

like i said, i am not into ultra brutal distorted drums and such, but i like for example joemeek gbq a lot.
Very recommended, mono but great possibilities.
also i like my old yamaha bass top with an old jbl cab and mic this with a 421.
the thick fatness of Chandler Equipment is fantastic or what a pair of purple compressors add to the weight.
Often i like the distortion that is built into a synth like on my Xenophone.

software wise i loved the old quadrafuzz plugin and i love the vinyl distortion and others in ableton.

But it is this super tasty combination in the Analog Heat that makes it quite unique (for the moment?)
at the same time thickness, clarity, punch, nice highs, great working filter (and all the other stuff like ENV, LFO etc)
and all that in STEREO. 3d and tightness is incredible.

I wish they would do a multiband version for sum treatment .“Mastering” with the quadrafuzz plug in was one great lessons Current Value gave me once many years ago.

2 Likes

I wish there were a way to make it more subtle. I love that synth.

But on distortion stage 1 o 2 this is quite nice possible in interaction with the osc levels .

ok, now with the added AH the Xenophone is an even more incredible wonderful fat machine.

Ah, yes I noticed that; I thought that was my secret technique :wink: I’m sure the AH is bringing a much welcome element to everything. I opted to cancel my preorder, and wait a bit. I’m eager to hear everybody’s demos of the AH though.

i’m sure you will LOVE it :wink:

I think i will use the heat also like a “isolater” on rotary mixers, with its filters and eq

Thanks :slight_smile: Sounds like you have some great stuff to compare it to. I’d love some Chandler outboard!

unfotunately i was so stupid to sell the tg2 and the pair of germanium eqs (chandler) when i gave up “big studio” plans.
;(

and i also was short before selling my jd-xa the last days (because i am so annoyed about Roland releasing no new OS)
so today i took it out the box and plugged it into the Analog Heat. Now i keep it. My god… that elektron box is a complete game changer.

1 Like