Analog Heat

I really want to use Heat in Maschine, so far i havent been able to get overbridge to recognise heat, theres no way for me to get it to appear as a VST/plugin, i’ve read in a few places that it hasnt been implemented yet, any word?

Also does anyone know if it will work via USB hub? i only have two measly ports on my macbook, this is all a huge waste of time for me if i cant play maschine live through heat. i hate apple.

The Elektron overhub is a product soecifically designed for connecting many OB units to a single computer. Quite sure you can also connect your maschine to it.

And if you’d read the manual, you’d know that OB & sound card functionality will be available in the next OS update of the heat (presumably in beta ATM)

2 Likes

when is the overbridge update for analog heat coming ?

mine arrives Thursday

Thanks for the info. Hope that update comes soon enough!

thanks to Cuckoo i HAD to order it …

Laconic Records in Dresden has a few more in stock,
in case somebody from Germany is interested

1 Like

Modulations :

ENV 1st & ENV 2nd < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, Eq Low, Eq High, Filter Freq, Filter Reso, Filter Pan, Filter Dirt, LFO Wave, LFO Speed, LFO Mult, Filter LFO, LFO Fade, LFO Mode, LFO Dest 1, LFO Depth1, LFO Start, LFO Dest 2, LFO Depth2

LFO 1st & LFO 2nd < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet Level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, EQ Low, EQ High, Filter Freq, Filter Pan Filter reso, Filter Dirt, Filter LFO

CV IN A & CV IN B < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, EQ Low, EQ High, Filter Freq, Filter Pan, Filter Reso, Filter Dirt, Trig Level, Env Attack, Env Release, Filter Env, Env Base, Env Width, Env Dest 1, Env Depth1, LFO Wave, LFO Speed, LFO Mult, Filter LFO, LFO fade, LFO Mode, LFO Dest1, LFO Depth1, LFO Start, Env Dest2, Env Depth2, LFO Dest2, LFO Depth2

EXPR PED A & EXPR PED B < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, EQ Low, EQ High, Filter freq, Filter Pan, Filter reso, Filter dirt, Trig level, Env attack, Env release, Filter env, Env Base, Env Width, Env dest1, Env depth1, LFO Wave, LFO Speed, LFO Mult, Filter LFO, LFO fade, LFO Mode, LFO Dest1, LFO Depth1, LFO Start, Env Dest2, Env Depth2, LFO Dest2, LFO Depth2

There’s 16 presets for now and 128 slots (112 empty for yours)
01- All my circuits
02- Saturation
03- Enhancement
04- Mid Drive
05- Rough Crunch
06- Classic Dist
07- Round Fuzz
08- High Gain
09- Magnetic Master
10- Color Compress
11- Subtle Enhancer
12- Broken Beauty
13- Parallel Dist
14- TB Accent Clip
15- Snare Flutter
16- Brutal DNB

2 Likes

that’s more than i expected

1 Like

Is there any kind of auto volume compensation option? Seems like for dynamic stuff like live tweaking etc it could be hard to keep it in check? People seem to be doing very little volume matching on wet/dry for these videos so I’m guessing not?

Sounds very good/useful/flexible in all these demos showing up tho.

That’s exactly what i thinked when browse modulations and why i would like to share how far they gone ! I’m pretty happy with modulations possibilities it’s huge.

Hi Elektron,

When can we expect an update of Overbridge that is compatible with the new Analog Heat?

Thanks in advance,

S

Was about to ask the same thing. Due to having run out of inputs on my mixer I’m holding fire until the OB update is out.

Hello, this asked a bit now on the forum. Unfortunately probably not the place to get this kind of anwser here… If you’ve ask for overbridge regarding AR-AK-A4 regarding Sierra i could lead you to a post with a fix. But as Analog HEAT is new and be part of the next update of Overbridge the only reply you can get is WAITING, as all of us :slight_smile:

Maybe you will get more chance with the technical support, with quote “asking question regarding a shipment”.

• Overbridge support coming very soon.
1 Like

Yeah i asked in a ticket and they wont disclose the date, just saying that its “available very soon”.

Hope it really is! need dat!

1 Like

It’s s completely fair question and although I’m well aware and used to (and accepting of) elektron’s reputation for vagueness on questions like these, this is one they really should answer with a better sense of urgency. I was about to pull the trigger and only at the last minute saw an asterisk on the the deeper pages of the website saying “overbridge support coming soon”. That litterally stopped me in my tracks from ordering that night as my usage will ONLY be OB related, and…well let’s just say there’s plenty of precedent for delay in terms of deliverables when it comes to OB.

I could have ordered and been left with something I couldn’t use for weeks or months or who knows. This wouldn’t bother me as much if the promo vids and website copy made it a bit more clear they’re not there yet.

All that said…I’m A) in no way surprised, B) not in any way angry, and C) TOTALLY STOKED to order this thing when it’s fully functional OB-wise!!!

4 Likes

hey sorry to ask but… there’s only one env and one lfo right?
just confused about that ENV1 & ENV2… or does that refer to the fact that it has two pages for ENV and two for LFO?

Nope. Just the controls are the same for. But you have 2 envelopes (ENV1 and ENV2) with all that modulations destinations i listed. Same for LFO you have 2 LFO, 2 CV, 2 Expression pedals controls (I’m wrong so i edited)

EDIT : 1 ENV with 2 parameters assignable, 1 LFO with 2 parameters assignable … and so on

But physically you have Control in witch is 2 physical inputs but it’s for expression pedal, footswitch and CV so… depends then what is plug and assigned

holy shit! I thought it was only one of each… nice

Now you said that i don’t know …
it’s write on elektron website :
1 × Assignable envelope generator/envelope follower
1 × Assignable LFO

:cold_sweat:

I guess it’s ENV and then 2 parameters you can assign and so on… LFO and 2 parameters (LFO 1st LFO 2nd)

2 Likes