Analog Heat

Yeah I’m no expert either, in theory I think it can be done but would require 2 different operating states, as would not be possible in proposed overbridge mode

You’d need 3. One for class-compliant MIDI, one for class-compliant audio, and another for Overbridge…

Sometimes, I wonder if Elektron just doesn’t overdo things.
“Hey, we’re out of milk.”
“Ok, I’ll put the R&D guys to research a complete new design on the combustion engine, fire up the pipeline and build a car to go get some more.”
“We only need a bottle or two, though.”
“I hear you. A small project. Ten to fifteen developers should do it.”
“Look, I’ll just go buy some now.”
“Be sure to post a video a few months before you do.”
“You’re not getting any.”
“Sweetwater says I am. In ten to fifteen weeks. Maybe.”

got a chance to fiddle with it for a bit at Loop Berlin. Was unfortunately pretty much the worst possible environment, a sort of huge jam table where a dozen people twiddled with things at the same time. Could not really assess Heat.

For those who already own this lovely unit:
since AH works as sound card, is the sample rate switchable or fixed to 48K? (as on the AR)

i work in 44.100

the soundcard-drivers and overbridge arent available yet …

I receive mine on Thursday… Order yesterday… that what i call very FAST shipping :stuck_out_tongue: THANKS ELEKTRON

I really want to use Heat in Maschine, so far i havent been able to get overbridge to recognise heat, theres no way for me to get it to appear as a VST/plugin, i’ve read in a few places that it hasnt been implemented yet, any word?

Also does anyone know if it will work via USB hub? i only have two measly ports on my macbook, this is all a huge waste of time for me if i cant play maschine live through heat. i hate apple.

The Elektron overhub is a product soecifically designed for connecting many OB units to a single computer. Quite sure you can also connect your maschine to it.

And if you’d read the manual, you’d know that OB & sound card functionality will be available in the next OS update of the heat (presumably in beta ATM)

when is the overbridge update for analog heat coming ?

mine arrives Thursday

Thanks for the info. Hope that update comes soon enough!

thanks to Cuckoo i HAD to order it …

Laconic Records in Dresden has a few more in stock,
in case somebody from Germany is interested

Modulations :

ENV 1st & ENV 2nd < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, Eq Low, Eq High, Filter Freq, Filter Reso, Filter Pan, Filter Dirt, LFO Wave, LFO Speed, LFO Mult, Filter LFO, LFO Fade, LFO Mode, LFO Dest 1, LFO Depth1, LFO Start, LFO Dest 2, LFO Depth2

LFO 1st & LFO 2nd < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet Level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, EQ Low, EQ High, Filter Freq, Filter Pan Filter reso, Filter Dirt, Filter LFO

CV IN A & CV IN B < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, EQ Low, EQ High, Filter Freq, Filter Pan, Filter Reso, Filter Dirt, Trig Level, Env Attack, Env Release, Filter Env, Env Base, Env Width, Env Dest 1, Env Depth1, LFO Wave, LFO Speed, LFO Mult, Filter LFO, LFO fade, LFO Mode, LFO Dest1, LFO Depth1, LFO Start, Env Dest2, Env Depth2, LFO Dest2, LFO Depth2

EXPR PED A & EXPR PED B < (Destinations) > Drive, Wet level, Dry/Wet Mix, Preset Val, EQ Low, EQ High, Filter freq, Filter Pan, Filter reso, Filter dirt, Trig level, Env attack, Env release, Filter env, Env Base, Env Width, Env dest1, Env depth1, LFO Wave, LFO Speed, LFO Mult, Filter LFO, LFO fade, LFO Mode, LFO Dest1, LFO Depth1, LFO Start, Env Dest2, Env Depth2, LFO Dest2, LFO Depth2

There’s 16 presets for now and 128 slots (112 empty for yours)
01- All my circuits
02- Saturation
03- Enhancement
04- Mid Drive
05- Rough Crunch
06- Classic Dist
07- Round Fuzz
08- High Gain
09- Magnetic Master
10- Color Compress
11- Subtle Enhancer
12- Broken Beauty
13- Parallel Dist
14- TB Accent Clip
15- Snare Flutter
16- Brutal DNB

that’s more than i expected

Is there any kind of auto volume compensation option? Seems like for dynamic stuff like live tweaking etc it could be hard to keep it in check? People seem to be doing very little volume matching on wet/dry for these videos so I’m guessing not?

Sounds very good/useful/flexible in all these demos showing up tho.

That’s exactly what i thinked when browse modulations and why i would like to share how far they gone ! I’m pretty happy with modulations possibilities it’s huge.

Hi Elektron,

When can we expect an update of Overbridge that is compatible with the new Analog Heat?

Thanks in advance,

S

Was about to ask the same thing. Due to having run out of inputs on my mixer I’m holding fire until the OB update is out.

Hello, this asked a bit now on the forum. Unfortunately probably not the place to get this kind of anwser here… If you’ve ask for overbridge regarding AR-AK-A4 regarding Sierra i could lead you to a post with a fix. But as Analog HEAT is new and be part of the next update of Overbridge the only reply you can get is WAITING, as all of us :slight_smile:

Maybe you will get more chance with the technical support, with quote “asking question regarding a shipment”.

• Overbridge support coming very soon.