Analog Heat

Damn. Sudden GAS…

Not exactly tied - they’re more fine tuned for each circuit. (Not algorithms, they are physical circuits!) It is a shelving EQ, not parametric - so there is not much flexibility to lose really. Very handy however.

Also feel the need to point out here that there is 1 Envelope Follower/Generator and 1 LFO. There is however a Mod Matrix that allows for more than one destination. (On top of the dedicated Filter Frequency destination)

2 Likes

What about all those plugins you were going on about?

I’d still use those plugins ITB. I often have hectic projects with 50+ tracks in a song and some kind of distortion/saturation on almost every track… One channel of external stereo distortion isn’t going to make me ditch plugins and start constantly freezing/unfreezing tracks. Didn’t hear anything in that video I probably can’t get already with some fiddling around. But it looks fun/quick and sounds good. I never said AH wouldn’t be great for OTB…

1 Like

Now, that it’s official, can we get more details about the internal components? I couldn’t find anything in the manual.

welp great demo/overview from sonic state & cenk. well done

happy to hear the subtle uses of the machine, excellent harmonic distortion across all the circuits for varying flavors.

to me the money is in the envelope follower and mod matrix, my wishes have been granted. I will be ordering one soon :slight_smile:

and you can sequence through the saturation character selection? SOLD!

OB waveform display and ability to record dry/wet simultaneously? DOUBLE SOLD! haha

3 Likes

You will have to buy then take apart… :weary:

4 Likes

Can the Heat work as a sound card for an iPad?

1 Like

No, unfortunately not.

3 Likes

@Olle Does that mean you cannot use the Heat as a sound input and output in Ableton ?

This is a very different thing. The Heat need drivers to work that can not be installed on the iPad. It does not support “Class Compliant”

Sound input and output in Ableton or any other major DAW that supports VST/AU is a main feature. Four inputs and four outputs so that you can send audio to the FX but at the same time input and output other audio that is not affected by the FX.

3 Likes

Oops now I re-read @Kahvinheitin’s sentence and I see where I was out of sorts…

Thank you for making it clear though, @Olle
:thup:

1 Like

@Dataline finds his sweet spots again. that moment you’re going to tell what you truly feel
the HEAT in detail is awesome.

enhancing is the right word. …and the oppurtunity to control parameters via impulse machines.
like that…would be awesome with the op-1. maybe @cuckoomusic would come up with that.

eqs being fine tuned, you are suggesting that the freq points of the shelves are designed to be as optimal as possible for every distortion type?

ahh so it’s one env / one lfo but with two destinations? thanks for the clarification!

…and there’s noo way that iOS functionality might become a reality further down the line? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seems very odd to not make the AH compatible with Ipads.

sonic state demo sounds great…

Right.

2 Likes

unnecessary observations

1 Like

I think everyone including us here at Elektron would want that but I do not dare to say yes. Right now no. Overbridge is doing so much more than just being a sound card and requires much more complex drivers than a “class compliant” one.

5 Likes