Analog Heat

Yeah, the OP-1 I think will heavily benefit from this! With the crunchy, somewhat flat OP-1 digital sound, the Heat could probably do miracles.

I impulsively almost ordered one today, after watching that Sonic State video! There are a couple of examples that I’ve heard, both here, and on soundcloud, where medium flat source recordings have been enrichened, defined, gotten that face lift needed to take it to new levels.
The destructive stuff is cool too, but for me, all the subtle and rich flavours before the heavy distortion starts to kick in, is what is really catching my ears.

I ended up not ordering. I don’t have the slightest clue if I can afford it or not for the time being. I must sort out some heavy bills this week. :expressionless:

5 Likes

Then we lower our hopes into something more realistic. We’d love little Elektron apps for our hardware!! Sometimes small apps can be really really useful too, you know.

1 Like

Thats the demo I was hoping for when I was pestering Cenk on the thread for his recent video!!!

Sounds great. I still don’t think I can justify buying one but it does work some magic with pads it has to be said. Still think it would bring out some really interesting vibes with my FS1R running through it.

Certainly see the appeal though. Struck me that you could get a lot of use out of it. You could just use the clean boost on a number of tracks and still make things sound, well, better!

I wonder whether the clean boost, or whatever mode/way, the AH could also do the job of what people seek in the FMR Audio RNC 1773 Stereo Kompressor? (Another piece I think I want, without knowing whether I need it … :wink: Anyway, I would be interested to hear whether it could do a compression job, plus colouring/heating (ideally together)?

They should give you one for free the amount of promotion you do.

5 Likes

Really sold on it now after the Sonicstate video. Was sceptical at first. Really nice feeling to be proved wrong - looks amazing!

1 Like

Is it also possible to work in dual mono on the Analog Heat?

Wow, I was very sceptical about this box but to say I’m impressed is an understatement. Well done Elektron and Cenk for the awesome demo as usual.
Must buy for sure, octatrack will come alive with this thing.
Also huge added bonus for myself, wasn’t mentioned in the video but looks like it processes in M/S mode also. I use distortion and drive very much in M/S mode so this is a very pleasant surprise.
Jeez my doubts have been thankfully crushed.
No brainer, going to have to buy this thing now. Damn you Elektron :smiling_imp:

The modulation capabilities look to be very smart indeed. I think Elektron have done a great job on that aspect.

I would have to sell some precious gear in order to buy one, sadly.

2 Likes

Actually reminds me of Nitro on OP-1 at some points… Not a day 1 buy for me… but maybe once I get further along in writing of some tunes I could look at it toward the Mastering stage of a project… i’ve always liked the idea of owning a mastering box to thicken things up and this seems like a nice entry point…

1 Like

I told myself if I bought the API Tranzformer pedal I ended up ordering, I couldn’t let myself buy the AH. I plan on ordering an AH tomorrow anyways YOLO.

3 Likes

I instantly knew I wanted to use it this way when it was announced. My Bluesky verb needs a partner in the OT’s FX loop!

1 Like

Ordered ! xD

1 Like

If you’re looking for a “little” bit of heat in the meantime, run your gear through the A4’s overdrive, filters and step modulations…

Question though - does the Heat have a Kit Reload?

2 Likes

Yes indeed, Cenk uses the reload combo a few times on the SonicLab demo.
He really nailed this demo, didn’t he ?
You can see the parallel processing in his brain, the urge to play fighting with the teaching…

Totally did the job !

2 Likes

great demo at sonic state, best thing is how Cenk is amazed about the sound every time he is tuning in another one :smiley: it must be like an early christmas for him …

insta buy, I cant wait to combine this one with my o-coast that I just got.

just wondering: is ob supporting macos sierra yet?
and is it possible to use an external sidechain signal to trigger the envelope follower? at least via ob?

Cheers,
Goat

2 Likes

I’m sorry for asking what is obvious to many of your fine gents and damsels, but the thread’s huge and I did a search and I just really want to make this absolutely clear -

This little devil can be CC:d from here to eternity?

So I can hook up an Octatrack, route the Octa’s audio into the Heat, the Octa’s sequencer into the Heat, and play my awesome tracks through the Heat and enjoy full on pattern-based CC Midi control of the Heat on my Octa output through the heat?

All the while recording this directly into a DAW, since the Heat is also a sound card?

Am I getting this right?

4 Likes

Yes!

4 Likes

You had me at hello.

3 Likes

So in theory you can double sequence the same audio? Before heat and during heat.