Analog Heat

:joy:

Perhaps they’re too busy coding&testing some devilish thing that they haven’t mentioned yet, which needs to be working before the heat is released, hmm?

I couldn’t imagine anything that need be done before heat is released. But I’d be open to that.

ironic ? I guess to have cohesive moment where new Macbook pro coming this fall in shop with Sierra 10.12.1 and Elektron sales on Analog Heat started with Overbridge ready for Sierra that should be a commercial cohesive moment I think at least for them… me, I can wait a bit.

1 Like

good point

But UAD don’t do better so … I guess we’ll have, as every Apple OS, to wait 10.12.5 to update our apple system

Dear Williams,
As you may know, on September 20th, 2016, Apple released macOS 10.12 Sierra.
It’s important to note that UAD/Apollo software is not compatible with macOS Sierra. Therefore, we recommend that you do not install this OS update.
In November 2016, we will have a UAD software update that allows UAD-2 and Apollo hardware to operate under macOS Sierra.* However, full testing and qualification will not come until early 2017.

1 Like

Yes this is the problem when you develop a product that is dependent on a computer for functionality i.e. Overbridge.
Overbridge has sucked Elektron into the metaphorical black hole unfortunately, (look at Access for a parallel) but hey that’s progress.
Although Elektron built their whole reputation in the past on OTB production, I personally feel they have made the right choice pursuing overbridge, as the advantages overbridge has brought me in my studio is immense, and couldn’t imagine now using my black boxes without it.

5 Likes

So… I have been torn apart last few days… Its the Heat or the Elysia karacter 500… Cant afford both unfortunately. I need some more demo’s what the Heat can do on the whole mix… Sound wise I’m leaning towards the karacter… But the Heat also works as an audio interface and thats what I need to…

If i really enjoyed Elysia… i would go for Elysia for Compressor for sure. But in the Versus with Heat and Karacter, and if i have on my own some Elektron Device i would go on Analog Heat to simplify things because of the Overbridge. There’s tons of possibility on Heat + LFO witch can get crazy results with other Elektron Device. I would jump on the Heat in December or February… without missing saving capabilities Elektron device have to offer. generally awesome. On Karacter you will have to tweak without the ability to recall… that’s not bad BUT!

1 Like

You guys should try waiting for the NX reveal lol

I don’t care about the NX i do not play games since the age of 17 :wink:

Funny to see how the secret thread “new elektron box 2016” seems to keep on haunting our minds and this present thread!

I will pass on this new box that is just an add-on and not a proper elektron complete machine IMHO, and wait for their new DIGITAL series ah ah!

Tired of all this “analog” hype these days… But that’s just me, I’ll let you enjoy the Heat for what it is :slight_smile:

I just don’t see how this box can be a “game-changing” device, as if everyone needed a dedicated analog distortion/filter to beef up their sound into “analog” so-called warmness!

Anyway, sorry for this useless post, I guess I also miss the secret thread :wink:

Cheers

5 Likes

I think for music production and sound design the Heat could be more useful, but for mixing mastering and tracking I think the Elysia unit would be a better choice.

Just certain things about having knob per function, large spaced out front panel, detended encoders, and no dependence on an OS or any digital layer that makes the Elysia unit a bit more reliable and appropriate for mastering/engineering work flow.

2 Likes

Yeah, same here. Looks like if you don’t distort your tracks you’re out; so well, i’ll continue overloading my old cassette recorder inputs to get some heat.
Not sure they are trying to sell it as a game changer, but a “must have” Marketing again, and again.

2 Likes

What’s NX?

1 Like

Check, Elektron went to SonicState for a review video about the Analog Heat:
https://youtu.be/yu_uiKLrCbo?t=2m16s

2 Likes

no, that’s not just you, i have the same feeling

the market is saturated and should reach it’s peak maybe end of next year (my2cents)

2 Likes

Yes what’s NX?

:3lektron: DIGIT

you gonna DIG IT!

1 Like

Strangely there is going to be a presentation event in Mexico city with John tejada over the weekend, we have mutek too, at a SAE facility. Really looking forward to listen it live.

1 Like