Analog Heat

Good Explanation on M/S subject

And brilliant example from LEM on a video that was already posted somewhere.

4 Likes

serious GAS after watching that vid. much like all the other LEM / Elysia videos. perfect demos for my taste :slight_smile:

1 Like

The karacter demo has whetted my appetite for a Heat demo!

Thanks for the clarification @Olle. I hope it can eventually be implemented stand alone as it is super valuable in these type of boxes. In fact, if you look at a lot of demos of analog warmers/distortion it plays a key role in making magic out of otherwise less inspiring mono sources. I look forward to hearing more demos. :smiley:

1 Like

Is it possible to have separate settings on the m & s? Possible dual mono use if we control it thru overbridge?

Env follower + VCA = compressor/expander
You can hear the extreme pumping effect on the sequential drumtrax video, but Iā€™m sure it can be much more subtle as well.

1 Like

Every other Elektron is a timeless design, yes.
The Analog Heat is not timeless, it steals some elements from the other black boxes but that big Character dial should never have happened. It looks like a dial thiefed from a crap budget drum machine. Should have been minimal like the big dials on the MachineDrum.

2 Likes

if there is nothing else to be concerned

might be, Ill judge it when I can have a look at the real thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

$1149 AU Dollars
sheesh

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s crazy. Us aussies get stung bad.
Problem is with the falling exchange rate its rare these days to save much importing either with shipping etc.
Interested in the heat.
Currently use my AK in a similar way to process external sounds e.g. OT but the problem is you need to use 2 of the 4 AK voices in order to process external audio in stereo. Thatā€™s half of the AK processing gone right there. Also a pain cause you have to tweak the two input stereo tracks filters, envelopes etc. independently i.e dual mono.
The stereo functionality is the big deal with the heat for sure, processing the stereo signal simply with one set of controls, thus streamlining the above process much more.
I currently us a biscuit for this also and it sounds really good, and Iā€™m still not sold 100% on the sounds from the demos of the heat.
Really need to hear this thing more to make a better evaluation.

1 Like

So I was just thinking, then bammmm this is what I can do, get my theromini that has cv out yet is digital take the sound output into the heat, control the cv of the heat by the theromini, send all that via USB to control my A4 and then plug that cv signal though softube modular then create an instrument that is filled with all the max for cats. Stuff as well as an encoderaudio instrument rack ( Veasle) then send all that audio back into the heat and into my octotrack, with my rhythm controlled by the initial cv/ to midi sending audio through both ableton and octotrac thenā€¦ ok ok ok okOK OKā€¦ 1100 odd dollarsmmmm

Then Iā€™m from Australia I could get a desktop arp odyssey and a moog mother for 1400, get a moog sub 37 for 1800 another a4 for 1600, and much more

It can be hard, thanks elektron

2 Likes

desktop arp is tempting me also

Please - put the manual up

4 Likes

I might be interested in this if you can pan the effect and that effect can be modulated via LFO. That distortion buzz fluttering around would be a really cool effect(Iā€™m guessing this will only be possible through OB and a send effect, however)

I am a little disappointed. We are just about three weeks out from the announcement and there is only one video demoing the AH. I wish there were a couple more. Maybe Elektron is having production issue and is delaying.

two if you consider the headless horseman video

1 Like

One and a half.

1.75, since he used a pair of heats.:tunga:

5 Likes