Analog Heat

The new Nintendo!

1 Like

Those new soundcloud demos. Does it sound like they’ve incorporated a condenser(like the ducking I’m hearing). Or is that volume lfo. I’m also hearing a gate effect?

Which ones do you mean specifically?

It is most certainly not only you who is tired of analogue hype.

But for me I also add in ‘No computer’ hype.

Just do whatever suits the situation and don’t be a puritan of any sort, is my frame of mind.

6 Likes

Think I need to heat my DX7

1 Like

ohh sweet a sonicstate video will be heading our way! Nick seemed to think the Heat sounded fabulous, promising.

2 Likes

Well I like the part sounddesign… So… music experimentation and production=heat, mixing/mastering=Elysia
Right… still difficult choice. Would love to have them both.

I also like the part that you can make presets with the Heat. First I want to hear and see some more demo’s to justify the amount of money spend for the Heat…

1 Like

“Dynamics Squash”?

I could have sworn I heard some ducking in “Monotribe in flames”

Or is the overall idea to lead people to using the external input/compressor of the RYTM with this thing?

Thanks Simon!

1 Like

Yeah, dynamics squash is using the envelope follower (and LFO as a second envelope) as a sort of compressor + expander. You can get pretty wild results!

7 Likes

damn those HEAT mpc4000 clips sound lovely. i think i’m sold :slight_smile:

now to get 1 or 2 :thinking:

1 Like

I thought the same thing. Sounds great

New demos are :fire:

1 Like

Where’s this demo at?

3 Likes

Valley people is what im hearing plus Girth parameter.

Wow this box wants blood. Definitely great for sound design. If you’re just running your maschine and battery one shots you get a whole new palette of sounds.

Wow, these demos are beautiful !!

Still not convinced from the new demos unfortunately.
I think they are pretty useless actually as the they dont have the dry signal first to compare the processed signal to.
Without hearing the dry unprocessed sound as a reference is pointless in my opinion as its impossible to tell what Heat processing is actually doing to the dry signal.
Oh well, all will be revealed when Nick releases his review. He is without doubt the most thorough reviewer on the net in my opinion. Warts and all

6 Likes

I was a little cold on the Heat, but I’m much more fired up about it now that I’ve listened to those demos. :diddly: seriously tho, I really like what it can do to a source, especially digital ones-Serum in particular sounded beastly.

Hey Elektron, can you give me a bulk rate on the Heat? I kind of want to run all the things through it. :ecstatic:

3 Likes

All of the demos begin with the effect bypassed.

9 Likes