Analog Heat

I’d expect it will be Digital Chill :santa:

In terms of what surprises might lie in the specs, what might at first appear to be an effects box, could be thought of as an analog wavetable single voice synth, sort of like what the A4 could offer if you could load in your own wavetables…

If the AMP page allows you to load samples in (like the RYTM) as an OSC,… Even if not, the ability to trigger the envelopes via midi and send a simultaneous trigger to your outboard external synth is very interesting in how it treats the incoming audio

1 Like

Albert Heijn is still the biggest supermarket in Holland.
Doesn’t write any books though.
One of the good goys vs the bad goys.
Maybe you should read ‘the gulag archipel’

I think the AH is the most aesthetically pleasing device Elektron has created. I far prefer this screen and choice of LED color to anything prior. The spacing and layout is more pleasing too. A huge reason for why I’m GASing is because of how good it looks.

1 Like

That character knob looks like the cap to a child resistant medicine bottle or something, but I love it.

3 Likes

Yeah not a huge fan of the notched knob - would be sweet to pull it off and replace with the one that’s on the AK or similar. I think this puppy is a pass for me but very interested to see what gets released next. More in the market for a reverb or delay. If something like that got the OB treatment I’d be stoked. Can def see the Heat being huge among the hard techno heads out there.

2 Likes

Given the name I think the red screen oi the MD would have been great for this one.

2 Likes

Nice promo video & music again.
Not quite sure if I have instant GAS for the AH.
Will it have bluesky-like sustaining eventually?
Not that I have ever even seen a bluesky in real life, but I heard it sounds megalomanic.

This isn’t for me, it seems very restrictive in sound options and it targets a very specific audience. In Australian dollars it’s going to be $1030 which is just ludicrous for a distortion box. I was expecting more, much more. A multi effects (reverb, delay, compression and distortion) box at this price point makes more sense to me.

I’ll bet it’s $1099

1 Like

$1149 at awave. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Impressions and questions arising :slight_smile:

1. About seven more analog circuits than I anticipated. 8 x wow.
  2. Clean Boost appeals to me the most, personally.
  3. Would like to hear an in depth EQ demonstration.
  4. A third mid band EQ would have been nice for acoustic things… Missed opportunity imo. Downer. Filter can probably compensate to some extent.
  5. Some of the samples were making heavy use of the envelope follower which sounded dope. I can see this being amazing for a lot of electro stuff especially.
  6. I wonder what the clean boost and EQ sounds like with vocals!
  7. With all that analog stuff, I guess there is no avoiding the weight. It’s a real world case travel issue putting an extra 1.5kg into your luggage though…
  8. I wonder what the throughput latency is. Can I feel it when I’m playing the Analog Keys, for instance? Also, the response time for the follower would be interesting to “feel”.
  9. What parameters can I access through MIDI? And can I do it all from the Octatrack?
  10. @Dataline demo demo demo demo!! :heartbeat:
16 Likes

Regarding #8, shouldn’t be any latency whatsoever since its pure analog :slight_smile:
Pretty sure the ADC/DAC is purely for OB

1 Like

Dude, I’m surprised they didn’t flow you a beta unit? Considering the amount of Elektron gear you’ve helped sell/users helped via your videos. Could have guaranteed themselves a nice in depth demo video to help early sales this way too :wink:

2 Likes

I think there’s always latency when there’s sound processing involved. Overdrive stuff though, you’re probably right, not that much. And analog latency is probably, generally, much much lower than digital latency which needs a buffer to work with. The (digital? my guesswork) envelope follower though, given that it has a few settings, I imagine moves a bit like a compressor… Like: threshold, attack time, depth and destination(s)? It might introduce some “latency” like behaviour in order to move smooth. Speculation. I wonder if it can keep up with playful finger dexterity! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks mate! I would have loved to taking it to a full-on deep dive.
Also to make a lot of user case examples that are not purely in the electro genres, if you know what I mean. But, right now I don’t have a big buffer for acquiring hot (heat) gear. So we’ll see. I’ll pay the HQ a visit this fall and try it out, for sure!

2 Likes

445 posts! This HEAT is polarizing! Are we going to exceed the 1000 in the next 24 hours? :heat:

For me there are many open questions, as most of you have allready put!

How is the envelope triggered? Some sort of hidden internal sequencing?

i’m wondering how this will compare to the Elysia Karacter, more specifically, can it do mastering grade saturation? anyone here own a Karacter? would be interested to hear your thoughts!

1 Like

Im really curious how the sound will compare to my moogerfoogers. with stereo you can do nice filtertricks. in a DAW it has to beat Soundtoys to be worthwhile.

if it sounds as good as an mf-101, i might gonna sell mine.

Im missing a sequencer here, how nice would it have been, to program parameter conditions on AH, but I guess they leave that for the a4 and ot.

Im fine with the price, if the sound is really good and usb has low latency, not the 40 ms of the rytm and a4.

so cenk give us a 30 minutes hands in demo video this weekend please

Do you think a 30 min demo would minimize the sonic diffenerences between a Moog and an Elektron Filter?

@ fattyparts: good hint. Honestly i do not hear a “mastering grade” saturation / distortion.
Besides the Karacter, especially for the US folks here, the Overstayer NT 02 A should be worth a listen.
To bad Overstayer took down their audio demos from soundcloud, but the NT 02 A is dope. HQ sonics
from subtle fat to badass distortion and it also does great things to the envelope.

1 Like

I hope they deliver the AH soon. So we can check it out!