Analog Heat OB audio cutting out after a few seconds

If not tried yet: try different usb port in your pc. Somehow my system has problems with the heat on certain usb connectors while DT or other devices work steady.
Edit. Misread, you tried pc and mac already so that’s about the same.

Just in case anyone missed it they finally fixed the issue there’s a firmware update for the heat… 1.21c…

2 Likes

I gave up using OB with AH and only use it as analog effect, but still get audio cutting out… gonna try the firmware update and see…

I’ve been having this issue w/ my MKII (on windows 10).

• I’ve installed the latest firmware

• I’ve reinstalled the latest Overbridge

• In OBS… Audio Cuts out randomly during live streams for about 1sec, and returns, but keeps happening throughout the stream.

• In Ableton (as the main interface): it drops after anywhere after 10secs to a few minutes and hoses the entire recording or playback, and requires the audio interface to be ‘reset’ in preferences. (Un-usable as an interface in Ableton!).

• In Ableton (as an OB Plugin, not the main interface): it also drops randomly during processing, and ableton locks-up. I’ve even seen the Heat lock-up under this use case/condition.

• Note: None of these issues happen when using the Digitakt/AR/A4/DN directly to stream in OBS, or as Overbridge plugins in Ableton (w/ my Presonus 32r interface/mixer).

Other notes/things I’ve tried w/ no luck:

• Updated my motherboard USB chipset
  • Tried direct USB from (all) of my USB ports on the PC.
  • Tried all of the different USB ports on Overhub
  • Tried thru overhub on all different USB ports on my PC.

I don’t know what other things I can try here.

I’m reading this, but any other suggestions are also welcome.

I have no suggestion but a word of hope, I’m using the AH MKII via OB in Ableton Live 11.2 beta and no dropout.

I don’t think it’s specific to the Live version, shouldn’t make a difference.

I’m on windows 11 but I don’t think that’s a factor either.

Maybe something to do with buffer sizes? Else, something down to the computer’s components… no idea.

1 Like

I was able to confirm (so far) that in USB Audio/MIDI mode, instead of Overbridge mode, that the AH streams w/ no interruption via OBS, so that’s somewhat helpful. I’ll try the buffer settings in Overbridge and see. Thanks, @amaury

I had this issue but the latest firmware fixed it. Have you tried changing the buffer size? I vaguely remember that setting it too high can be just as bad as setting it too low so it’s worth experimenting

1 Like