Analog Heat OB audio cutting out after a few seconds

Exactly the same problem and I have a concert tomorrow… Nice surprise.

For me the downgrade doesn’t work, atleast through Transfer - just says “upgrade failed checksum error”. Using the newest versions of both overbridge and transfer, could that be the problem?

Wow, still no fix for this?

1 Like

Still not working. Tried everything: Downgrading to 1.20. Using older overbridge-versions.
Took me two hours and I give up. Please provide a fix for this !

1 Like

I bought a new Heat MKII, with Firmware 1.21B preinstalled. I have the latest overbridge V2.0.60.2 and Windows 10 and Cubase 11 with the latest updates. I am having exactly the same issues. Downgrading won’t work, I am getting a “Unsupported Downgrad” error.

My Analog Four MK1 works as charm as always.

This is such a pitty, because I bought that thing precisely for this: Having audio & editing in my digital workflow and getting rid of analog audio outs/ins.

Elektron guys? Any hope?

Out of curiosity, is there anybody who doesn’t have this issue when using the Heat with OB?

I always had this issue since Day 1 and Elektron has never released a stable bug fix.

It should be or should have been a top priority since a lot of people bought the Heat to use it with OB.

I’m pretty sure when I first got my Heat that I wasn’t running into this issue (or at least, not enough to concern me), but it’s rendered using the Heat with OB pretty useless to me as it’s happening too frequently now. I hope there’s a fix on the way.

1 Like

I did when I first got my AH MKII but since I downgraded the firmware to 1.20 it hasn’t happened. I’m using it on Windows 10 with Cubase 11.

1 Like

Had the same issues and i downgrade to 1.20 but now i cannot see the analog heat in
Overdridge.

Big Sur is a pain in ….

Any suggestions ?

I think I had that problem the first time so I had to uninstall/reinstall. You have to do that thing in the settings where you approve newly installed programs within 30 mins or something

I have this kind of issue with the DN in OB mode. It’s probably a driver flaw in Oberbridge. The sound cuts after a few minutes, and it’s a mess to get it back. I’m under Monterey now but it was the same under Big Sur. The USB connection (no OB) seems more reliable.

I’m curious, because I don’t experience drop of audio with Analog Heat mk2 and Overbridge, on Windows. Are you people on OSX?

I also notice I’m still on 1.20A. I checked and that’s not the latest, so maybe it’s happening in 1.21 only? Although release notes say “The USB Class Compliant audio from the computer to the Elektron device could sometimes be silenced.” Which maybe has nothing to do with Overbridge but rather class compliant USB audio?

I’m a bit puzzled :slight_smile:

If you tweak extensively the AH, do you have any issues?

I have never done that so far. the only use I had so far is render tracks through it for mastering purposes, when using Overbridge.

I intend to use it more to process individual tracks that are in the box already, so I may tweak more then. So for I do that when tracking hardware into the computer but that doesn’t use Overbridge, the processing happens pre-recording…

Same problem here. Can someone with the 1.20-update please upload it? The wetransfer-link is not working anymore

Do you still have this?

Having this issue r/n sucks but its ok in as well…

Edit - I use the AH MKII in USB mode and stream into OBS software with two CDJs and an Octatrack. I don’t use Overbridge.

It is definitely a bug in the USB serialization of the out coming audio from the AH. It seems less consistent if I reduce the input sensitivity.

At first I thought it was a limiting issue with OBS and CPU buffering. But then I realized when monitoring over the TS cables the audio never drops, But, with the USB output audio just randomly cuts off. Cut offs usually are more likely to happen if I’m doing something with a lot of reverb or fiddling around with levels somewhere else.

Unfortunately, this is ruining my DJ mixes as the cut out totally kills the vibe and my already laughable twitch streams.

I 100% know this is an USB issue because I use the AH MKII as a main insert into my Xone 96 using two TS cables. I believe the Xone 96 USB outputs require summing which I was trying to avoid having to deal with, but I’m going to look around for a more consistent A/D converter. The sound going into the Xone 96 never cuts off. So now I need to go back to the drawing board to figure out how to consistently get sound out of my 96.

I don’t think a $900 device should do this at all but I’m not equipped enough to know, it really sounds like a bug on Elektron’s end.

I have this issue for ages and reported back to Elektron but nothing has been fixed still.
Analog Heat MK1, MacOS 10.15.7, Overbridge 2.0.65.2, OS 1.21C

I use it as a system output device - have random dissconections for 1-2 seconds. It can happen 2 times an hour or 2 times per 15 minutes or not happen for a couple of hours. Similar behavior in Ableton when I use the OB plugin.

Reported this issue many times, no reaction, no fix.

It makes me feel utterly discouraged. Don’t think I’m going to buy anything from Elektron.

Get OB Dropouts all the time on AH mkII. I have rolled back the firmware to try to reslve this. played with different buffer settings, DAW’s, OS’s, PC/Mac. Still happens. Please address this issue Elektron.

Best way is to submit a Support Ticket on their Website.

You tried with the latest OS’s (OB and AH)?

2 Likes