Analog Heat OB audio cutting out after a few seconds

Hi all,

I’ve started using an analog heat via overbridge and the audio is cutting out randomly after a short amount of time using it.

If I re-connect the device or re-open the overbridge plugin, it starts working again. But it just stops processing the audio / cuts out and even though there is audio still streaming into the plugin, there is no audio at all coming out.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Have a new heat since yesterday and exactly the same problem. It also freezes from time to time. I switched the usb connector to another port of my computer and now it seems solved, fingers crossed my other elektron’s don’t experience problems on that usb port.

I tried that but unfortunately didn’t help with mine :frowning:

I got a response from Elektron, they said they’re aware of this problem and hopefully will have a fix soon. In the meantime no solution was provided and I can’t use it with overbriddge :’’’’’(

I have reverted to the previous OS (1.20) as it’s much more stable than 1.21. It’s not perfect but it’s viable.

Hi there,
I’ve been having the same issue. I was low key panicking thinking my device (which I got fairly recently) might be broken.
Tbh sometimes wondering whether I should’ve send it back immediately. Sorry to hear you guys are having the same issue — hope this gets fixed asap!

Hi, how do you revert to the previous firmware… is there an archive of these somewhere?

Yea Elektron support said the only option is to try an older OS at the moment -.-

Mk2 or Mk1?

just got my analog heat today and having the exact same problem. did reverting to a previous OS fix it?

yea it did

thanks bdbr. where did you get the previous 0S 1.20? can’t seem to find it on elektrons site

I can confirm this happens for me as well for me on AH II, Mac OS Big Sur, 1.21. Surely a software problem.

I honestly can’t remember where I got it from and for some reason can’t find it again.

But luckily I didn’t’ delete it off my computer, so I’ve uploaded it to wetransfer for you :slight_smile:

Fantastic thank you bdbr. I’ll try this out. I’ve since worked out that I can use overbridge fine without losing audio if I don’t touch the physical knobs on the Heat. It’s a workaround but not perfect.

No problem. I would say just go to 1.20 so you have access to the knobs. 1.21 makes no diff in reality

1 Like

I think this may have worked … reverted back to OS1.20 and I’ve just had it working for the last 15 mins with no audio drop outs. thank you :+1:

I’m having the same issues, does anyone have the OS for MK1?

Same problem for me. Downgrading to 1.20 fixed it.

1 Like

Same,
Lucky i found this tread after the whole night stressing why the Heat mk1 stopped working after the upgrade to 1.21.

For the ones who want to downgrade to the stable 1.20
Scroll down in the OP to the Firmware: