Analog Heat MKI/MKII 1.20

Word combo you won’t see often elsewhere :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I tested with ASIO4ALL and with DirectSound on windows it work well

4 Likes

Me too! Why is this so hard to implement?

Do we have a workaround for this?

3 Likes

Ok, but to be honest I don’t use IPAD as a sound generator at all, they are quite digItal and thin sounding.

Hence the added heat?

4 Likes

I noticed latency / stuck trigger using a trick with Trigger Threshold CC16, going from 127 to 0. Offset needed, hassle to edit.

Env mode change triggers too (Change AD to AR or FLW). Same behavior apparently. Maybe a better midi workaround?
I could trigger AH with A4’s CV without problems so I didn’t search more…:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

:confused: will try it! Proper implementation would really be helpful!

1 Like

did upgrade process deleted your presets on AH?

I updated mk1 , presets are fine.
I’ve been updating elektron gear for years , cannot remember loosing anything.
Maybe I’ve been lucky , maybe I should do a backup…

Nah…

6 Likes

Super cool news!

I haven’t been using my AH Heat mk1 with OB much yet, but I was wondering if with this new update, if it is possible to use the AH as a soundcard and use the OB editor separately? Just use the editor to adjust the AH without using the whole OB package? This looks amazing anyways. Thanks.

I’m wondering what options there are for audio routing in ios now.

What I do atm is use a 4 in/4out audio interface to run stuff from ios through external fx and back in.

The heat only has 2in/2out so I’m wondering if its possible to use them as an fx loop but still route the final audio through the heat circuits?

The signal flow would look like this ios synth -> heat outs -> fx pedals -> heat in -> ios -> heat processing so I can record the final heat processing step in ios. Is this possible or does it need to come from the heats main outs?

3 Likes

exactly what i was about to say !!

thin sounding ? which plugins did you try ?

1 Like

[FIXED] After 20 minutes, I tured it off and rebooted it - just fine - WHEW!

My analog Heat MKII is stuck on this screen for over 15 minutes now…

Did the update on PC via C6 software while connected to the Heat via USB Cable.
There is no movement at all on the progress bar…
Now what?
YIKES!!! :flushed:

how does the interface show up in AUM ? 2in/2out, I suppose ? What are the routing possibilities mentioned above? thnx

3 Likes

For me this update it’s not so useful. I don’t use my phone or iPad for music production. I sold my iPad a long time ago. And I thought that the preset thing was already implemented. But hopefully the overbrigde update will at least make it more stable and useful.

I agree with you on the sound aspect. But I use my iPad for sketching out ideas, not making final versions of any musics (usually). The flavours that the heat will add will be welcome even in the sketching stage.

My workflow goes from Korg Gadget into Gadget desktop, from there to Ableton, and retracking MIDI tracks and final arrangement / mix then proceeds. I like this workflow because iCloud syncing makes the projects carry over seamlessly in the background.

1 Like

Quite a few, Thor, Korg Electribe, Animoog, iMaschine etc - I stopped using them and buying new I prefer the sound generated from hardware machines.

I also realised it is a big waste of money as these apps in, most cases, are no longer updated in line with new OS/ technology and you end up with tons of apps which will not work on the new device/OS.

When the developer has made his profit they usually stop the app development.

could you please give some examples of music apps that are outdated now due to lack of support?

1 Like