Analog Heat +FX Feature Requests Thread (AHFX FR)

My AHFX arrived yesterday and I’m having so much fun with it, using it both as an end-of-chain device and Lyra 8 destroyer.

I kinda knew this was going to be the case but by far my biggest feature request is a macro control page. I get that Elektron wanted to repurpose an older design but trying to perform with it w/o dedicated macros is a pain.

(edited in an attempt to appear less moronic)

1 Like

Apologies I’m advance for probably insulting your intelligence, but is that actually the screen that’s scratched, or a screen protector? If it was bought new, it should have a protector fitted (hoping you get to peel those scratches away).

1 Like

So many people have said the same until realising it was the screen protector, it’s often hard to peel and so many have said the same

2 Likes

Lmao of course it was, jesus f christ. Now excuse me while I go shoot myself in the face! Cheers for the advice :smiley:

3 Likes

Excellent - new year, new screen. :smiley:

2 Likes

I tried to do something about the absence of scenes – for everyone who has a Midihub (or is thinking about pulling the trigger) here’s a scene mockup I made. Hope it’s useful to someone!)

Analog Heat +FX Custom Scenes (Midihub)

2 Likes
  1. MIDI triggering for envelopes (I can’t believe this is missing from the box)
  2. A digital EQ block (could be 4 band as there are conveniently 4 pots) - would be such a killer for mastering and further tone shaping in addition with the analog EQ.
  3. A digital Multimode Filter (IMO pretty low hanging fruit, again would add tons in terms of tone shaping
  4. Not sure if this is possible, but it would be diamond to have the notch filter have an alternative mode where it would be just a cut the same way as peak filter is boost, or add the possibility to have the peak filter go into negative values as well. Then again, with a digital EQ block this would be solved.
    Would be nice to have: 5) Limiter and maybe Phaser and Flanger
5 Likes

I wish it passed input to output when switched off like pedals do. As it stands it needs an additional loop switcher pedal to incorporate it onto a pedalboard.

1 Like

Can you make it so that when you press the FX button, the screen automagically shows you the effect you had selected in the FLOW page?

That would be a solid UX design choice.

2 Likes

I maybe posted this before, but a way to trigger envelopes via Midi. Not in my wildest dreams I would’ve imagined that this is not possible.

Would also solve all the :duck: problems for :duck: people. Possibly.

5 Likes

I agree. And it’s also inconsistent with how it works with the “Page menu” option enabled, where pressing down the navigation knob actually makes a selection.

Definitely. As of know, the cassette illustration doesn’t change at all when you change parameters. So it’s just a static image to remind you what effect you’ve got selected.

Well, I guess you could use the bass focus block as a digital filter, but you’re not getting any resonance control.

I agree that something like this is needed. Also, I would like there to be a way to get to a certain FX block faster, with the best thing I’ve been able to come up with is that hitting FLOW and then pushing one of the encoders (without turning it) should take you to the corresponding block. However, this would still only work for the currently selected row.

In the end, I really feel that this device should have had more buttons and encoders, and that’s sort of a hard feature request to make :upside_down_face:

Well, it is pretty fast when it comes to simply loading up the saved preset again, but having some kind of temporary saved state in addition would be sweet.

To each their own of course, but I’m not really sold on the idea of programming the device too much and then simply turning a single knob or two to make the magic happen. The device should instead let you play it in realtime, making complex and almost simultaneous changes easy. Unfortunately, we’re not there yet (and probably won’t get there) with the Heat +FX.

Be ready to blow your ears out when randomizing the HEAT page :hear_no_evil:

That’s actually a really good idea :bulb:

Yeah, but ultimately, you would need another set of encoders anyway, or control the other row when pushing in the encoder (which would interfere with many people’s Elektron muscle memory). I’m torn. I kinda like the images/animations, but as of now, they seem like a hindrance from making the device more useful.

YES! This, except for a way to faster navigate the device, is probably what I want the most. It works great on other Elektron devices to have different machines. It would work splendid here as well. I really hope that this is a direction that Elektron is thinking about :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

still waiting for that output level fix…

1 Like

You have an issue with output levels?

1 Like

What is the issue?
I’ve never noticed anything wrong with output

output level is low even when bypassed

How low?
I would expect output to be lower when Heat is bypassed. Especially if you have Drive and/or Level turned up.

I think it’s the overbridge headroom issue that drops the levels 19db. You have to apply gain after the heat to bring it back up to levels again in your DAW

3 Likes

If they can add more fx what do people think they may add? Or am I dreaming for something that won’t happen?

So this is when you have Heat running Overbridge on a track in the DAW? I’m sure this is by design. Same way that Syntakt, and presumably all Overbridge enabled devices, comes in at -12dB.