Analog Heat +FX Custom Scenes (Midihub)

I got my AHFX yesterday and I’m having a blast so far. I felt like I was missing some kind of an OT-style scene macro page and the ability to control multiple parameters w/ one knob so I decided I’d make my own thing with the Midihub.

Here’s the first scene I’ve created just to test the idea a bit:

Audio: Syntakt -> AHFX
MIDI -> One ST knob sending ModWheel CC1 on Channel 1 (0-127)

The one knob CC is then sent through the following:

• Channel remap 1 -> 2 | CC remap 1 -> 91 (Bits mix) | Rescale 0-127 -> 0-100 (just to tame it a bit)
  • Channel remap 1 -> 2 | CC remap 1 -> 18 (Rvb amnt set to send) | Rescale 0-127 -> 0-50
  • Channel remap 1 -> 2 | CC remap 1 -> 90 (Bits filter) | Rescale to 64-90
  • CC remap 1 -> 109 (Drive) | Rescale to 68-90
  • CC remap 1 -> 110 (AMP level) | Rescale to 107-90 to tame the increase in volume
  • CC remap 1 -> 28 (Bass EQ) | Rescale to cut low end

Of course ymmv based on the preset you’re working with but you get the idea. It’s nothing groundbreaking but might be useful to someone (?) Anyway this sealed the deal for me, absolutely love the AHFX and I’m not even getting started on the Midihub – that thing single-handedly makes dawless bearable.

Scene 1.mhp (622 Bytes)

5 Likes

Cool project! A tip from doing similar things on Syntakt that might come in handy. The LFOs can be used as remote controls per patch: set speed to 0, shape to saw, then set destinations. The wave phase will attenuate the controller range that the LFO depth sweeps over.

With the AHFX”s 3 multi destination LFOs, you’d get a good number of freely assignable parameters per patch without reprogramming the MIDIhub. (Gotta get my hands on one of those, they sound great.)

2 Likes